small fridges in rooms (1 Viewer)

spanish_rose

HSC
Hey,

On csu website it says:
You will need to supply your own towel, soap and toiletries. We recommend you bring a desk lamp and an iron. No additional furniture is permitted in student bedrooms, with the exception of a fan where air conditioning is not provided.

But i also read in the forums that some people have small fridges in their rooms...

So can we bring them? (I'm asking about Bathurst campus specifically)

???

bex

HSC
yeah almost everyone has one.. and if youre living in towers you wont need a lamp either! and bring your own doona and pillows!

Fro

HSC
fridges are now supplied for you as part of your room furniture - no need to bring them

kylie_robbo

It seems that in Butler at Wagga there is enough people who bring a small fridge to keep their alcohol cold (as opposed to putting it in the common room fridge with your name on it...) to go around... If you have something that needs fridge-ing, you go and ask someone who has one! There is probably about one every three rooms or something close to that...

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i have a double bed fridge fan surround sound tv in my room i would worry about what they say

spanish_rose

HSC
Thanks for the info..

Thanks for the info guys...

I'm going on a tour of Bathurst campus on Tuesday, so maybe you'll see me around...

If you can recognise me, that is.....hehe ;)

shagz_04

Hi,
i was also wondering about any extra furniture you're allowed to put in your rooms, specifically at Wagga though. Are fridges, stereos, tvs allowed?
Thanks

2muchwork

HSC
Hi, im at South campus which is self catered so we have our own bar fridge, your also fine with tv's etc just nothing you use to cook in your room, the fire alarms are loud!

shagz_04

thanks for that info, does it count for all the accomm at wagga campus? Are free standing stereo systems allowed as well?

bex

HSC
basically what they dont kno wcant hurt them.. unless of course its cooking equipment.. in any case bring a powerboard (or two)

shagz_04

hehehe, so its a bit like that eh? (lol) i just had another thought; do ppl bring pet fish or anything small like that?

bex

HSC
pets are BANNED!!!! last year it was passable.. we actually had a duckling living in our dorm for aaaaages. howvere this year they had a big crackdown- one guy even had to get rid of his hermit crabs! but every year is different..

kylie_robbo

Quite a few people have/had fish of various descriptions living in their rooms at Wagga... One guy left one of his three fish in his car when returning from holidays this term... It died. The other two are still alive though.

As far as I know his fish are the longest surviving fish in the Butler buildings...

2muchwork

HSC
Yeah pretty much you can have anything,. theres usually two room inspections per year, this time we only had one, so you just hide everything in your cupboard! my blockie had fish, he got away with it

kaylz

HSC
So if I were to bring a wine fridge and stereo...? More than likely I'll be in the catered premium cottages (do they have another name, because i couldn't find them on the map...) would I get in trouble?

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
ur paying to live there. You're doing them a favour, and they impose all these rules & stuff. Man, just do whatever you freakin want and then let them sook at you and then tell them to go get knotted, then wear a shirt that says "rebel".

Or just get off campus. i did and its the best.

bex

HSC
we never had room inspections but the cleaners would dob on us! haha
as for catered premium cottages- Windradyne is their name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)