• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

small school no choices (1 Viewer)

yeahwateva

HSC
I go to a teeny school and there is only six students in my year i have such a limited choice for subjects, which is so annoying. I am in year ten but i do year 11 advance maths and biology. how can i convince the rest of my class to study Religion Studies 2 and chemistry and physics. are they even good if i want to get a really high UAI

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
six students in your year?

are you sure?

If this is the case, your school should offer such options such as being able to travel to other schools for other subjects (I know a boy from a particular boys school had to go to an all girls school for English Extension 2) and other such cases.

Also, I'm not sure about the technicalities of it, but what about correspondence? Chemistry and Physics sound do-able as a correspondence subject (in comparison to something like Visual Arts or D&T).

Have you spoken to your principal about any of these options?

yeahwateva

HSC
hmm yeah there really is six students in my year, im not sure im into cooraspondance because isn't it really hard? I'll ask my princaple if i could go to another school for subs...dunno if he'll b into it

jazzmuzik

HSC
hello,
i'm also at a small school (not as small as yours) but we have about 40 students in my year. because of limited subject choices there are often less than 10 people in the class. i am the only one in my extension english class. i also do japanese via corrospondance. Its a pretty difficult course esp via distance. I have a couple of friends doing 2 subjects via distance and i wouldnt reccomend it.. its hard and not as good as the class environment. I dont think i could work within such small a school i'd probably have to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)