• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SmartStart Scholarships (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
melsc said:
I guess coz my UAI is over 90?
Its weird coz my courses arent eligable nor do I live in the correct area thus i didnt apply, they called me and offered me $4k so I dont think its one of these...also they asked me if one of my preferences was Combined Law Campbelltown, so I guess thats the catch?
hey do u know the CLAB Academic Excellence scholarship which pays 5000/yr is that automatic if u get uai over 90 or u gotta apply for it?

L

LaraB

theone123 said:
hey do u know the CLAB Academic Excellence scholarship which pays 5000/yr is that automatic if u get uai over 90 or u gotta apply for it?
pretty sure you gotta apply...

everything that's 'substantial' i'm pretty sure yougotta apply.. coz mines are both $5k a year each and teh way they talked about it sounded like you have to apply coz they don't wanna give it to people who don't want/need/qualify for it...

90 UAI+ is just a general criteria for just about all the scholarships at uws i'm pretty sure.. tehre's a few that are 80+ for merit equity ones and few that are leadership or gender based or whatever...

theone123

blue essence
HSC
LaraB said:
pretty sure you gotta apply...

everything that's 'substantial' i'm pretty sure yougotta apply.. coz mines are both $5k a year each and teh way they talked about it sounded like you have to apply coz they don't wanna give it to people who don't want/need/qualify for it...

90 UAI+ is just a general criteria for just about all the scholarships at uws i'm pretty sure.. tehre's a few that are 80+ for merit equity ones and few that are leadership or gender based or whatever...
my bro got over 90 this yr, and asked me if its too late to apply?

L

LaraB

theone123 said:
my bro got over 90 this yr, and asked me if its too late to apply?
most the scholarships it is.. most were 30 september i think and some were december..

tell him to go onto the uws website in future students under scholarshpis and have a look coz most people don't qualifiy for most the scholarships to start with coz you gotta be doing certain courses or disciplines and/or be a certain gender and/or live in a certain area etc..

but yeh - tell him to check the site just to make sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)