Not open for further replies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lou071 said:
wtf? nothing to do with maturity!
i know 15 extra minutes happened and cannot do anything about it, but
1. the fact that gaining 15 extra minutes must be raised as an important issue
2. like above person who goes to James Ruse try to say that they did not have any advantage but gaining 15 minutes is certainly the advantage.

really unfair
life is unfair, learn to accept it and move on.

the issue here is so miniscule i don't see why it's disturbing you that much to be honest.

Scissors

HSC
jaems rus r da bigest cheataz. me finks dey shuld be put 2 death.

lou071

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
You have ignored the key points.

a) Not gettting the extra time is unfair to the JRAHS kids. The only people who can complain are the other two schools on the grid who lost power but got different/no compensation
b) 15 minutes will not give atleast 5 more marks. It gives the students the CHANCE to EARN those marks.
c) They were in conditions that were not suitable for a test, thus they were compensated
d) There is no uncertainty in this story. The power fucked up, the supervisors made a judgement call and gave them extra time.

You're an idiot kid. If you'd had your lights go out, you'd be demanding compensation (aka extra time or extra marks) and others would be whinging. So how about you just deal with the fact that life's a bitch.

And it doesn't change the fact that no one would give a shit if it were the schools ranked around 400.
according to smh, anxillary light immediately lit.
did u read the article moron?

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
Enobarbus said:
And order everyone who's gone overseas to come back to sit a two-hour exam? Cut people's Schoolies short? Make people retrieve their textbooks, long consigned to the rubbish bin?

That's likely.
Because i made that comment hoping that would really happen. i was being sarcastic, maybe you and whiteD69 should get together and work on ur language techniques

Aaron.Judd

HSC
lou071 said:
and the reason why i cannot get over is cos of uncertainty.
people in this thread keep saying that nothing is gonna change, BOS cannot do anything about it and it is just a bad luck for students who didnot get 15 minutes.
Propose what can be done then. The answer is that nothing which is fair to the rest of the state and fair to those at JRAHS can be done, hence nothing will be done.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Exphate said:
You have ignored the key points.

a) Not gettting the extra time is unfair to the JRAHS kids. The only people who can complain are the other two schools on the grid who lost power but got different/no compensation
b) 15 minutes will not give atleast 5 more marks. It gives the students the CHANCE to EARN those marks.
c) They were in conditions that were not suitable for a test, thus they were compensated
d) There is no uncertainty in this story. The power fucked up, the supervisors made a judgement call and gave them extra time.

You're an idiot kid. If you'd had your lights go out, you'd be demanding compensation (aka extra time or extra marks) and others would be whinging. So how about you just deal with the fact that life's a bitch.

And it doesn't change the fact that no one would give a shit if it were the schools ranked around 400.
I totally agree. Exphate did you go to JRAHS as well lol?

As I mentioned earlier if the school was ranked poorly, you's wouldn't really care.

conics2008

HSC
you bitches are still crying over this lol..

gosh get a life ...

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
churchcake said:
as a christian, a non-ruse trying to look at the saga objectively, i found my fellow christian had put up an unbiased and paintakingly well-researched account of the whole saga. i had consulted a few friends from ruse, they quite agree to it.
have a look: http://blog.divineiniquity.net/archives/170#comments
christians aren't, by that fact itself, good people

you might as well have said "as a person with curly hair" - it means about as much as "as a christian"

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Re
* The blackout occurred for 6-7 minutes.
* At this time an auxiliary lighting system was initiated.
* The auxiliary lights took some time to “warm up”, taken to be 15 minutes.
* For these 15 minutes, “pens down” was issued by students were allowed to read the paper.
* Once the 15 minutes was over and the auxiliary lighting system was fully operational, students were allowed to continue writing.
* Students were hence given an extra 15 minutes at the end.
* Effectively the students had 15 minutes extra reading time.
* The examiners had phoned the BoS for approval of the 15 minute extension.
The blackout lasted less than two minutes. Auxillery lighting did take a minute or two to start up. We were allowed to continue writing during this time. The head examiner did call somone on his mobile phone (don't know how, he didn't say). We were fairly then awarded 15 minutes extra time.

Althoguh to say we had 15 minutes extra reading time is rediculous. What were we supposed to do, make our minds go blank?

Aaron.Judd

HSC
In saying that, the etra time was fairly awarded after consultation with (assumingly) the BOS. Perhaps they will revise their guidleines for incidents like these from now on following this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)