Smh (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou071

HSC
N/A
Enobarbus said:
this is nothing but a mean-spirited witchhunt!
how come?
r u talking about 15 extra minutes?
it is definitely unfair!!!

Edu.kid

HSC
No way is getting an extra 15 minutes fair and "some kids actuallly screamed because it went dark" is the biggest bull crap. Earlier in the article they say the auxillary lights went on immediately. You had other schools affected in the same grid getting 2 minutes and none at all. If they could do it then james ruse could. They probably exploited the situation. Their marks are already high enough how they are and should be reconsidered. Its not the students fault but it does affect others who have worked hard and tried their best. They didn't even stop writing it says so wth do they need 15minutes?

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Edu.kid said:
No way is getting an extra 15 minutes fair and "some kids actuallly screamed because it went dark" is the biggest bull crap. Earlier in the article they say the auxillary lights went on immediately. You had other schools affected in the same grid getting 2 minutes and none at all. If they could do it then james ruse could. They probably exploited the situation. Their marks are already high enough how they are and should be reconsidered. Its not the students fault but it does affect others who have worked hard and tried their best. They didn't even stop writing it says so wth do they need 15minutes?
Don't try to blame it on the school.

The school has no involvement in the conduct of the exam. Only OBOS personnel were in the exam centre at the time.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
SMH never should have published this. They have no proof whatsoever and even if it did occur (I'm not saying it did), there is nothing that cna be done as we were not told to stop writing and it was the BOS approved externam examiners who fairly awared us extra tiem after our thoughts were severly disrupted by the unfortuante power blackout.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
midifile said:
But there is nothing they can do to make it fair.

Say, student A got 84/84 in the 2 hours and spent the extra 15 minutes checking over it (but obviously didnt get any extra marks), and student B got 75/84 in the 2 hours and spent the extra 15 minutes getting a few extra marks.

How do they distinguish between the students who would have got that mark rightfully in the 2 hours and those that earnt extra marks in the last 15 minutes?

I think thats why at the end of the article they said they would look into the marks, so people dont complain
Exactly, hence there is nothing that can be done. I was Student A and while not getting 84 marks, do not believe I got many, if any additional marks in the extra time we were fairly awarded due to the disadvantage we were placed at.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Edu.kid said:
I agree that it is not fair that another school only got 2 minutes extra time and we got 15 minutes extra time. However you must remember that the examiners are BOS independent and in no way related or affiliated with JRAHS.

However it is impossible to reconsider our marks as not everyone used or needed that extra time. Sure, some surely benefited, while others were even more disadvantaged as they changed answers incorrectly or couldn't concentrate anymore after the powerfailure.

IF SMH wants a students opinion, I'll happily talk to them.

m000

HSC
N/A
Board of Studies has totally stuffed this up. Even the schools which did have a black out didn't get equal treatment. There is nothing they can do to make this exam fair. However, I think giving away marks is a better idea than taking marks away. BOS should be generous in giving extra marks because the extra 15 mins is a LOT of time. Not only do you have extra working time but you can think more clearly because you are less pushed by time.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Aaron.Judd said:
SMH never should have published this. They have no proof whatsoever and even if it did occur (I'm not saying it did), there is nothing that cna be done as we were not told to stop writing and it was the BOS approved externam examiners who fairly awared us extra tiem after our thoughts were severly disrupted by the unfortuante power blackout.
The "proof" that the Herald used was an unnamed JRAHS student to whom they claimed to have spoken.

Whoever it was, he/she should be shamed, and feel ashamed, for spreading malicious rumour about a quality school.

aussie-boy

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
*The board of studies admitted it; AND they have talked to students of JRAHS to confirm the story

*its the media's obligation to report when a government agency (such as BOS) lies in its media releases

Last edited:
HSC
its not really a malicious rumour
the black out did happen
i think everyone should just get over it cause thereisnt anything that can make it a fair test
its just the daily telegraph being a shit tabloid paper

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I'm not denying it didn't happen, I'm just saying we really were disadvantged from it.

Additionalyly giving marks.taking marks is just rediculous.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Oh god, the last thing we need is media attention on this issue...
Wonder what the BOS had to say about their statement on their website....

MonKazzar

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
I'm not denying it didn't happen, I'm just saying we really were disadvantged from it.

Additionalyly giving marks.taking marks is just rediculous.
You may have been but the other schools who apparently only got 2 mins were treated unfairly also, If you all experienced this so called black out you should all experience the same amount of extra time. I'm not saying James Ruse has any fault at that but the BOS should consider it seriously that certain exams are treated different.. or at worst redo all the exams so its fair to all reguardless of school.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
MonKazzar said:
You may have been but the other schools who apparently only got 2 mins were treated unfairly also, If you all experienced this so called black out you should all experience the same amount of extra time. I'm not saying James Ruse has any fault at that but the BOS should consider it seriously that certain exams are treated different.. or at worst redo all the exams so its fair to all reguardless of school.
I agree that it is unfair we got 15, they got 2 minutes. However is it my fault? No. Is it my teachers fault? No. Nothing can fairly be done (to you or me) to correct this.

What do you mean by 'redo all the exams lol" - All maths extension 1 students in the state retake an exam lol? ROFLMAO at5 that impossible and ridiculous idea!!!

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Aaron.Judd said:
I agree that it is unfair we got 15, they got 2 minutes. However is it my fault? No. Is it my teachers fault? No. Nothing can fairly be done (to you or me) to correct this.

What do you mean by 'redo all the exams lol" - All maths extension 1 students in the state retake an exam lol? ROFLMAO at5 that impossible and ridiculous idea!!!
i really doubt you're a JRAHS student, Aaron.Judd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)