Do you agree with the ban?

• Yuppz :p

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Nuppz :(

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

santaslayer

HSC
What do you people think about smoking being banned in the beaches? Also, who smokes in BoS? What are your views? Do you believe you are being targeted by the authorities?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont smoke.
i also support the ban, i dont want to go to the beach and have my lungs damaged by someone elses choices, and its gross seeing all the cigarette butts in the sand, we have some of the best beaches in the world, yet smokers insist on ruining the natural beauty of beaches with their smokes. eww.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
err, that's a reeeally big generalisation. never once i have left a cigarette butt in the sand. smoking is MY choice, and granted, it's a bad choice and i understand this, with all the wind etc that is usually at the beach, i don't even understand how most people can even smell smokers, unless of course they're right on top of course. theoretically i guess i agree purely for environmental reasons (as i admit, a number of smokers aren't responsible enough to be careful with the environment), but it pisses me off purely for my own inconvenience :p

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I smoke - BUT I'd be all for the ban. Of course there is the second hand smoke to consider, especially when the beaches are jam packed, and when some people litter the cig butts on the sand could be a health hazard if children go picking them up, handling the butts and doing a number of other things with them.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I support the ban although I do understand that it will inconvenience some smokers who do the right thing and put the cigarette butts in the bin.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Second hand smoke in outdoor places?

No-one's complaining about Parramatta Road.
the pollution plays a huge role in why i dislike sydney so much

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i smoke and fully support the ban, i'm sick of fucks coming to my beach and leaving ciggie buts in the sand and having them wash into the water. there's nothing worse then random rubbish floating through the line up when you're surfing, it's a fucking disgrace to the people who use to ocean and to the ocean itself

anyone who litters any sort of rubbish near the beach gets a big kick in the teeth from me

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Oh wait, don't we dump HUMAN SHIT in the sea?:(
Of course Sydney would :p, we treat it and use it for wetlands/pine plantations.

I'm not a smoker myself BTW. I just think we're going a bit far when we say "you can't smoke on the beach". Firstly, leaving your butt on the beach is no worse than littering elsewhere, and there's no big crackdown on that. Secondly, I'm sure there's many honest smokers who don't drop their butts, and many smokers who would put their butts in the bin if the alternative was no smokin' on the beach.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Yes, those damn cigs.

Oh wait, don't we dump HUMAN SHIT in the sea?:(
they should use it to fertilise the barren plains of our country's vast deserts

or dump it in tassie to make it sink

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I think it's about time. You sit on the beach, you always end up sitting near a butt or six and it's absolutely grotty.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i agree. it is litter, if we can't leave litter on the beach then why butts? it's dirty. and breathing in smoke sucks, you can't really move, well you can't be bothere to

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I agree with it for enviornmental reasons, but as others have said, what about the people who do the right thing by putting the butt in the bin? If litter is an issue, isn't it an issue everywhere else? If so, why isn't smoking banned everywhere?
Of course people should be considerate around other people in public, for example if the beach is crowded and you light up right next to someone, but the same goes for anywhere in public.
I don't agree with it (the law).

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by PaleReflection
I agree with it for enviornmental reasons, but as others have said, what about the people who do the right thing by putting the butt in the bin?
Yeah but it's not as if the government can single out the people who do litter and reprimand them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PaleReflection
If so, why isn't smoking banned everywhere?
im all for a total smoking ban in public places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)