sms bullying (1 Viewer)

Do u like the idea of schools registering students mobile numbers to curb bullying?

• yes, I like the idea

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • no, I don't like the idea

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I heard recently in schools that to try and stop electronic styles of bullying i.e negative sms text messages, schools have been asked to get students to regester their mobile numbers. What do you think of the proposed idea? :confused:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it seems kinda invasive...and i dont think there would be many schools where the rate of sms bullying is so bad that they have to monitor it...it just seems unnecessary

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If kids can get drugs and weapons to school, surely they can get mobile phones there too.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
it seems kinda invasive...and i dont think there would be many schools where the rate of sms bullying is so bad that they have to monitor it...it just seems unnecessary
That's what I thought but it's a weird world we live in these days

HSC
What happened to the good old days of beating up a kid and stealing their lunch money? Just all the yuppie wogs bully using fones cuz they r to scared to do it to their victims face.. well thats my opinion. not that anyone cares.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
wasted_emotions said:
What happened to the good old days of beating up a kid and stealing their lunch money? Just all the yuppie wogs bully using fones cuz they r to scared to do it to their victims face.. well thats my opinion. not that anyone cares.
lol.... bring back the good old days where kids got bumps and briuses it's the only way they learn how to protect'em selves ;) I think that we're going to end up having a society were people won't be able to stand up for themselves

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Murf said:
wot good is that, go down to the local servo and get a 30 buck pre paid starter card and wham u have a new mob number to abuse ppl from, its going to e a hell of a job for a school to keep track of numbers etc...
I tottally agree, I think ppl are being way too over protective and also not thinking of how the bullies will get around the whole thing :uhhuh: :D

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
well it would be pretty scary if someone i didn't know started sending me messgaes with personal details and threats etc, especially if you didn't know who it was...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Murf said:
Its a good example of the generation divide and how they have no empathy towards understanding the situation let alone developing solutions, if u think about it theres no way ppl above 30 had issues of mobile phones in there day, the only thing that can be done is deal with it like any other bullying...
So tru, good call Murf! :uhhuh: :D

justinreedy

HSC
Maybe they should prevent the bullies from physically harming people before they worry about a few harmless pixels on a screen...

Scanorama

HSC
It's going way too far. If they are going to ban mobile phone at school, what about internet? You can send sms via the net, send bullying email via the net and lots of others way of messages.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
It's going way too far. If they are going to ban mobile phone at school, what about internet? You can send sms via the net, send bullying email via the net and lots of others way of messages.
Another thing I agree with!!! the problem with the people that propose these moves is they seem to focus on one small detail rather than the whole picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)