sms???phone??? in person? (1 Viewer)

Dejected

Crash into Me
HSC
currysauce said:
This girl i liked, we went to a party together... people were saying stuff all nite that we should hook up etc...

anyway nothing happened, we went our seperate ways last nite. Anywho i just decided to sms her and tell her everything, how i feel etc....

i just feel like a weight has been lifted.... why is this?

Also, she sms'ed back saying at the moment she wants to be friends, but now she wants to go out more and see what happens, whats your interpretation of this, clearly she isn't ignoring me (as has happened in the past)... good sign?

anyway to be honest, i would usually think this is a bad thing, but i happy with her reaction.... why why?

i was just wondering...is it right to do something like that by sms.....opnly im in a similar situtaion and yeah...

just wondering what you reckon

ps... sorry to use you as an example...no offence ment

_melissa_

HSC
yeah, it's alright to do stuff like that by sms, but it's SO much better to just call her and tell her over the phone. if you start out on sms, it's hard to break away, so then all you're left with is this constant messaging relationship that's pretty pathetic.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if u start muttering, and stuttering, while on the fone., or yuor balls havent dropped yet, i suggest sms.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
It's nicer in person, but I like sms (as I'm sure those who have read the original thread have discovered).

I'm sticking to what I said originally: its nice for memories!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
umm... over the net is a little wimpy :p but if it's a person you feel comfortable with, and they really can't wait until they see you to tell you, then that's okay.

cool boy 371

Banned
HSC
SashatheMan said:
haha over the net....

the net is for geeks and petaphiles.

i am not a geek ok!!!
you're not a dictionary either

LOL LOL LOL ROFL :p :D LMAO!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
cool boy 371 said:
you're a poof

LOL
wow cool boy 371 makes a big statement with his well know 3 post count and "cool" name.

why the 371 in yuor name. what the other 370, cool boys where taken already?

cool boy 371

Banned
HSC
no, sashathegirl ROFL :p

only a cool person can do what i've done and pull it off

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
i hate sms dumping.. but i can understand why they would do it

But there are advantages and disadvantages about breaking up with someone face to face vs phone etc. I have had to do both... but I would have prefered to do the first one face to face.... but my then bf wouldn't let me.

The face to face encounter was pretty bad though.... I didn't really want to do it in the first place, but I felt trapped.... anyway, when I said that the whole dating thing wasn't working, the guy looked as though I had just thrown his favourite pet over a cliff......

so yeah..... I can understand why people would break up over sms.... but it's more polite (and also takes courage) to do it face to face

IceBreaker

HSC
face to face dude, that way you get full direct verbal and non verbal communication of facial,body language, gestures etc.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Dumping HAS to be done in person.
Telling someone how you feel etc. can be done on sms i reckon. If they are not keen it saves a hell of a lot embarrassment for both of you.
The net should never be used. When im on the net i have like six windows open, not really wanting to get into deep conversations with anyone at all and trying to watch tv and do homework all at the same time while eating something like icecream. i repeat: the net should never be used to start/end relationships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)