• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Snitching benefits all?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Is snitching a good thing in test/exams?

• Total voters

Domsky

HSC
Yeah, also the looking down the shirt/thighs.. I saw a few girls doing that one. Uh, then there was that one time when two people were talking up the back softly, but was loud enough for majority of people to notice them exchanging answers, a friend and I snitched.
Imo, they shouldn't be there if they cheat and I can't understand why snitching is being looked down upon in such a way that it's on level with cheating. Cheating doesn't just affect the individual but can affect others after as in some cases their logic remains with getting things done with little effort or challenge in unethical ways, the only amount of effort put in is to cheat and effectively get away with it. It's silly, as you see this so much in today's world through unethical/deceptive practices used in industries to gain competitive advantage, disposing toxic waste to avoid charges, hackers ect..all for advantages and avoiding effort. I would rather be a snitch than a cheater and even though it may seem to be the easier way out to cheat, it really isn't.
1++ That's a great way to put it! :)

anagranger

HSC
Again, I've never personally cheated but

- It's normal to be annoyed if you witness someone cheat/copy you but the people who actually go to the lengths of snitching are generally sneaky self righteous losers motivated only by self interest. If you had more going on in your life distracting you I'm sure this wouldn't be something that bothers you for weeks on end like the girl above, it is so petty. Why can't you actually confront the person in front of everyone and shame them briefly (which would be much more effective in stopping them doing it again) and be done with it? Because you are too weak.

- Life is a rat race. The world is not nice. You seem to live in this naive little bubble where everyone follows the rules and it's only the few that deviate that ruin it for the rest of us and it's your job to set the world straight. You are wrong and that task is impossible. In life if you don't do everything in your power to get an advantage over others, even if you are smarter and deserve it more, you are the one who is going to be left behind. Everyone who has a brain and can think for themselves does this. When you put this one assessment in the perspective of, for example, all the people in your school who have had help with at home assessments, who will exaggerate special considerations for extra time and extra points and who will pretend to be sick to have more time to prepare you must realise how stupid and futile what you are doing is. I'm not saying cheat, I'm just saying wake up to reality and don't pretend to take the moral high ground because you were motivated by self interest (just like the people who cheat!) in snitching.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)