Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bone Thugz (1 Viewer)

HoCo8

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
first off. You mean 'sub-forum' instead of 'thread'
yeah meant sub-forum thanks.

hiphophooray123 said:
also, would it help for you not to think of it as 'rap' but think of it as alternative-poetry over a symphony of sounds created by a producer using many different rhyme schemes which are present in many forms of classical poetry.
didn't help me at all, just made me think of it as pretentious shit that fans have to try desperately to justify the listening of. thanks for the effort though.

hiphophooray123 said:
Now go die.
no. good try though, almost convinced me too.

hiphophooray123 said:
seeing as you made an over-joyed post in the 'soundwave' thread (and i like that music too) I can tell that you are just one of those ignorant close-minded fucktards that are clueless when it comes to music. Do yourself a favour and expand your mind
so not liking this particular genre of music makes me narrow minded? even when its basically the only one I don't appreciate at least a little of? nice judgement of something you know fuck all about.

finally did flaming me for something I already knew I was going to get flamed for made you feel real good bout yourself? hope so for your sake.

Last edited:

Boxes

Banned
HSC
so chris, how much are the tix? and is the dogg coming?

HoCo8

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
nice red herring you have there to avoid the fact that you are a close-minded fucktard.
don't even need to bother with that one.

McLovin

HSC
Rap music is manufactured and not truly created by the Artists. Thus people like HoCo8 have a point in not referring to this genre as music. A vast majority of these artists use drum machines and other technological equipment to create their sounds which has destroyed the meaning of music.

While most people are not a fan of genres such as jazz and funk, it is still respected as the artists put alot more effort into their work. While rap is merely coming up with rhymes that sound best to the most simple of melodies and rhythms. Hence all the disrespect the genre has received is expected especially by those who have a good understanding of music.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
The only thing that made you sound smart in that rant McLovin' was the fact that you used proper grammar.

Study the art of poetry, take into account context and the conveyance of said context is art. Take into account that painting vivid pictures with lyrics is an art also.

While you don't seem to be as explicit with your opinions on 'rap music' as mr Hoco08, you still come across as an ignorant twat.

So how about you go listen to some david bowie and wank over your 'real music' (i love bowie by the way)

typical attitude of one-sided i-think-by-genre reductionistic wannabe-elitist fucktards.

don't claim you have a good understand of music if you aren't going to break it down to the basics and work your way upwards instead of throwing around the same old tired labels and stereotypes that certain types of music have to suffer from by ignorant twats.

I have also observed that most of this 'anti rap lol not music' sentiment is coming from fans of metal or 'hardcore' rock, makes me wonder, could racism also come into play?

It is you people who kill music, NOT whatever you think is 'not music'

Last edited:

McLovin

HSC
The only thing that made you sound smart in that post was... well not much actually.

You tell me to take into account context? The context is of music in so many sub-genres it has become ridiculous. Yes, I admit we are living in the age of computers but I believe that they should not be part of an 'Artists' work.

Artists such as Snoop Dog and Ice Cube convey the idea of promoting weed and are doing their best to maintain a 'cool' image to those gullable to believe it.

Why do you want me to wank over music? That is just stupid and it wasn't funny and you just made yourself look like a tool. You do not know my music tastes and trust me I am not narrow minded at all. I like many different genres of music ranging from rock, jazz, fusion, progressive metal, blues and punk etc.

One more item to address, this is a forum, the purpose of forums are freedom of speech no need to get all aggressive on this matter as you seem to have major issues with what other people like.

You should work on that.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
If Elvis was born into our generation he'd be a rapper.
Case closed.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
McLovin said:
The only thing that made you sound smart in that post was... well not much actually.

You tell me to take into account context? The context is of music in so many sub-genres it has become ridiculous. Yes, I admit we are living in the age of computers but I believe that they should not be part of an 'Artists' work.

Artists such as Snoop Dog and Ice Cube convey the idea of promoting weed and are doing their best to maintain a 'cool' image to those gullable to believe it.

Why do you want me to wank over music? That is just stupid and it wasn't funny and you just made yourself look like a tool. You do not know my music tastes and trust me I am not narrow minded at all. I like many different genres of music ranging from rock, jazz, fusion, progressive metal, blues and punk etc.

One more item to address, this is a forum, the purpose of forums are freedom of speech no need to get all aggressive on this matter as you seem to have major issues with what other people like.

You should work on that.
nice straw man dude. do you even know what context means you ignorant little fuck? ...I meant the artists context, what they see, what they feel, how they grew up, what happens around them.

"Artists such as Snoop Dog and Ice Cube convey the idea of promoting weed and are doing their best to maintain a 'cool' image to those gullable to believe it" - Oh awesome, let's take a couple of RADIO SINGLES and define artists based on them, ha, whatever, get fucked.

and do yourself a favour and read this excerpt from the wikipedia article about one of ice cube's classic albums:

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted is rapper Ice Cube's influential[1] debut solo album, released after his acrimonious split from his former group N.W.A. It was originally released on May 16, 1990. Primarily produced by The Bomb Squad (Public Enemy's production team), the album was an unexpectedly large critical and commercial success, and remains one of the defining hip hop albums of the 1990s era. Ice Cube's social, and political commentary, which was delivered in an incisive manner, has influenced numerous rappers since, particularly in the gangsta rap and political rap subgenres. The album cemented Cube's reputation as a gifted lyricist, and introduced him as a highly literate scribe on the hardships of life in South Central, Los Angeles, as well as an outspoken critic of the American Justice System, and race relations in the United States.

WHY ARE MUSIC FANS SO FUCKING SHIT, in general that is.

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
oh seriously i don't rag on your music so shut the fuck up what about what others like

okay so you think something is shit
gtfo and don't post here, cos frankly i don't give a flying fuck
you're silly opinion won't change anything.

so what if i like listening to snoopy singing about weed and getting some bitch or ice cube killing some nigga in south central la.
i like it. it's fun. and i will continue to enjoy it despite your ignorant, lame comment.

i'm hollering 187 with my dick in your mouth, beyatch.
case closed.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
noooo

it's

yeh you don't stop
cos it's 187 on an undercover cop

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I'm pretty well rounded when it comes to my music tastes... (I'm listening to Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, after listening to Elvis, and South Park Mexican. This thread also reminded me of a certain death metal song involving War Cries, Valhalla, and Thor which I plan on listening too next) I think I've got to credentials to make an assessment on Rap music.

I've got to say Rap is actually quite good. Infact there are countless examples of good Rap music.

Last edited:

Boxes

Banned
HSC
housah0lic said:
noooo

it's

yeh you we don't stop
cos it's 187 on an undercover cop
yep, that's it. my rap isn't up to scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)