• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Snow Falling on Cedars (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
I've read the boards and there's not much on related texts for this Snow Falling on Cedars.

Is it recommended to do related texts like.. Wag the Dog or something related to the war in Israel for this?
cause its not exactly relevant to the set text at all. if you know what i mean..

thanks in advance..

many-eyeshere

HSC
I don't know, but I'm using the film by Gregg Araki Mysterious Skin. Based on
the novel by Scott Heim.

I just finished reading Snow Falling on Cedars, usually I'm extremely punctual with my required reading, but this novel was torture.

Monsterman

HSC
It wasn't that bad.. but the texts my teacher suggested were pretty off topic.. meaning not relevant to snow falling on cedars.

Tastegud

HSC
Try a film to do with racial prejudice such as "In the heat of the night"
I'm doing it and it's like spot on. Go wiki it if u wna know.

lychnobity

HSC
I've read the boards and there's not much on related texts for this Snow Falling on Cedars.

Is it recommended to do related texts like.. Wag the Dog or something related to the war in Israel for this?
cause its not exactly relevant to the set text at all. if you know what i mean..

thanks in advance..
Can't use Wag the Dog, it's a prescribed text I think.

mon.s

HSC
im using a racial picture...

all those black american vs. kru klux klan pics are good as they show the power in different races (and the conflicting perspectives) or this one... ??

The 1968 Summer Olympics Black Power salute was noted black civil rights protest and one of the most overtly political statements in the 110 year history of the modern Olympic Games. African American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos performed the Power to the People salute at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City.

Let me knows your thoughts and views on this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)