so 1 day left (1 Viewer)

xeriphic

gabn said:
with one day left to study / cram anyone have any suggesttions at what i really should learn before this test...... i have done anything all year don't expect much but it would be nice to pass.

option topic is hardware.

I can write algorthims just not dicate them, I've found useing the writer for this exam is hard.... but i'll make the do as much as possible so it's markable.

What are things you NEED to know for this exam ??
in the exam just pretend your the developer, and the user/customer from the question is the most important person XD, that's basically it

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
You add four one's you get an overflow which doesnt matter

remmeber this is multiplication not 2's complement, in 2's complement you've got to destroy the overflow (heh i made this mistake in my trial .. cutting off the 1 at the end... stoopid)

think of it like a normal long multiplication , only 0 x Number is 0 1 x nubmer is the number , shift place a tiny 0 in to represent a shift if you want... then at the end add all your columns....

btw good luck for tomorrow everyone.. meanwhile since it is later in the afternoon at least you can even revise in the morning.. but personally i might not do this .. would make me feel more nervous

Last edited:

Doogsy

when doing multiplcation, i and there are like 4 rows to add, i will add the first two rows, then the 3rd onto that, then the fourth onto that. That way you dont get confused.

PS. Cramming is the best

xeriphic

Seraph said:
You add four one's you get an overflow which doesnt matter

remmeber this is multiplication not 2's complement, in 2's complement you've got to destroy the overflow (heh i made this mistake in my trial .. cutting off the 1 at the end... stoopid)

think of it like a normal long multiplication , only 0 x Number is 0 1 x nubmer is the number , shift place a tiny 0 in to represent a shift if you want... then at the end add all your columns....

btw good luck for tomorrow everyone.. meanwhile since it is later in the afternoon at least you can even revise in the morning.. but personally i might not do this .. would make me feel more nervous

would you sleep until the afternoon ?? lol I'm thinking about doing that

JayWalker

HSC
THANK YOU BORED OF STUDIES!!!

HAHA i thought it was a morning exam!!! Just looked it up, starts at 1:55 PM!! ROFL i totally didnt know.. lol thankS!

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
so what are u guys planning to go over for tomorrow? i'm totally lost cause i dont know wat to study. i tried doing past papers but i just died.

JayWalker

HSC
Tomorrow im just going to read over my book, about all you can do really, past papers will not help any more, i only done 2 and they oth annoy me, Software will be where I either pass or fail the H S C

smallcattle

HSC
i've looked through all the past papers i could find for sdd and.... everytime i look at one i got stunned.... i cant find a pattern for the sort of questions that they would ask...

everytime its a completely different question which i have no idea how to answer...

Seraph

HSC
N/A
xeriphic said:
would you sleep until the afternoon ?? lol I'm thinking about doing that
u mean sleep in and wake up in the afternoon (lol wtf lazy ... :p)? or have a sleep in the afternoon?

personally i wouldnt...... you might wake up all bodgy and lethargic

BTW I have a question lol :D since ppl are asking questions here , ive never actually had to do this in an algorithm before

But is it possible to define another Array within a record
E.g
Person as Record
Fname as String
Lname as String
Scores(10) as Integer

?????

P.s personally i would have liked the exam to be in the morning.. we are fresh , we can get it done.. and then i can study for ipt :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
Seraph said:
But is it possible to define another Array within a record
E.g
Person as Record
Fname as String
Lname as String
Scores(10) as Integer
Yes, structs can be compounded to whatever you want to suit the task.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
ur right there smallcattle ... my teacher sed the questions were basically written for us in past exams ?!?!?! but the only similar things are like scenario q's on implementing and dev methods.... but from what i can see, they have actually gotten easier since 2001, so i hope that pattern continues, just so its do-able for us. i mean if u are doing developers view of hardware, some of the past questions in that section involving algorithms and data streams are fucking insane !!!!!!

Seraph

HSC
N/A
sunny said:
Yes, structs can be compounded to whatever you want to suit the task.
many thanks ,

that is brilliant

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
neuro_logik said:
i) Logical, are there are the statement of facts

3 assert(country(spain)),
4 assert(country(france)),
5 assert(city(canberra)),
6 assert(city(paris)),
7 assert(city(madrid)),
8 assert(capital(australia, canberra)),
9 assert(capital(france, paris)),
10 assert(capital(spain, madrid)).

The use of rules:

25 write(Y), write($ is the capital of $), write(X), nl.

and Queries:

12 write($ Enter a country name or quit to finish. $),
13 read(X),
i dont think queries is solid for proving logcal paradigm. A goal is better:
15 show_capital(X),

and for anyone else in confusion, lines 23 - 27 are all rules

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Godspeed everyone, godspeed.

Going to get up at 9.. have breakfast, bum around until 10, study until 12 or so.

Get to school 12.30-1.00, gotta get moral support from my best friend beforehand :p Then study until 1.55.

Thennn gotta go straight to water polo after the test, won't be home till like 9.30 where I can come on and join in a mass-complaint about the test hehe :p

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
ehheeh.... i like my plan...
wake up sometime at 11, eat, go to school... complain to teacher bout some syllabus points he never taught us, do test, go to concert, go to party, completely forget everything i know about software =p

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
wake up, eat, shower, study until 12:30 then get to skool chill with friends (i.e panic) until 1:55, finish the exam then PARTY!!!!!!!!! after that burn my english, maths, economics and sdd notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)