So anyone else just gonna memorise their essays for English? (1 Viewer)

Jig

HSC
For common mod essay, mod A & mod B, it looks I'm just gonna straight up memorise. For mod C i'll probably just make a plan with ideas from texts. I haven't even changed my essays after trials... although they did get 16s and 17s so hopefully its alright.

SpiderX1X

HSC
For common mod essay, mod A & mod B, it looks I'm just gonna straight up memorise. For mod C i'll probably just make a plan with ideas from texts. I haven't even changed my essays after trials... although they did get 16s and 17s so hopefully its alright.
I thought memorizing essays for this new syllabus isn't a good idea.. will it still work to some extent?

Jig

HSC
I thought memorizing essays for this new syllabus isn't a good idea.. will it still work to some extent?
It's impossible for Mod C due to the nature of that module, but one thing you realise about the new syllabus is that Mod A and Mod B are more or less the same as the old syllabus, maybe some different text and some little differences. So I'd assume that memorising can get you somewhere at least.

SpiderX1X

HSC
It's impossible for Mod C due to the nature of that module, but one thing you realise about the new syllabus is that Mod A and Mod B are more or less the same as the old syllabus, maybe some different text and some little differences. So I'd assume that memorising can get you somewhere at least.
Glad it still works, will be using that when I do the HSC.

Good luck though.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I probs wouldn't memorise an essay because they could legitimately ask us to focus directly on one character, for example. They can be very specific. I'd rather remember about 3 different themes for each module, 2-3 quotes for each of those themes, and a bunch of techniques for those quotes so that you can analyse them. If you look at Example B in Section II of the HSC Sample that NESA released, they can give us a specific question that defeats the purpose of a pre-memorised essay. However, you could go ahead and memorise one and then get lucky if they give us a generic question.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if this still applies new syllabus, but when I did English in old syllabus, what I did was I memorised all my essays but the way that I made my essays was such that rather than focusing on specific aspect they covered many different parts of the text. Then if you have an essay like that, no matter how specific the question is you can modify it on the spot to suit the question given

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)