So anyway... (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm in one of the computer labs and stuff. Do you reckon they would care that I'm on BOS? I can only assume not, as theres a couple of guys near me on MSN :/

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You can get it in the AIC, but its old-school.

Yeah, I've been on BoS at uni, no-one cares too much (I generally have several windows open with stuff that could pass as work to flick to)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I was in the phys building. The computer I was on had kazaa lite.

baker182

HSC
jumb said:
I'm in one of the computer labs and stuff. Do you reckon they would care that I'm on BOS? I can only assume not, as theres a couple of guys near me on MSN :/
Yes. They are tracking your every move on the computer. Watch out, they might come and get you.

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
I was on messenger ( web messenger for any computer without real msn) during O week. But its kinda unfair bludging on it now that it is so busy with people actually queing to get a comp- in the Auchmunty at least.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The physics lab was nice. 40 ish computers and there was 3 people there.

rific

HSC
baker182 said:
Yes. They are tracking your every move on the computer. Watch out, they might come and get you.
They also watch you through the monitor, so stop moving your lips when you read the computer screen :p

They really don't care what you see on the net, and if there is a problem just talk your way out of it "but I was checking the different variants of written english for an assignment I have for my special education subject, why msn? um, because all my friends are idiots and that's kind of like a learning disability right?" well, that's perhaps not the most advantageous plan, but hey, at least I try, lol.

And I thought that comp lab downstairs in Huxley had msn?

baker182

HSC
rific said:
They also watch you through the monitor, so stop moving your lips when you read the computer screen :p

They really don't care what you see on the net, and if there is a problem just talk your way out of it "but I was checking the different variants of written english for an assignment I have for my special education subject, why msn? um, because all my friends are idiots and that's kind of like a learning disability right?" well, that's perhaps not the most advantageous plan, but hey, at least I try, lol.

And I thought that comp lab downstairs in Huxley had msn?
How about you dont just use msn at uni, like to be honest, some people at uni do not have access to computers at home. Its a bit unfair and rude to use a uni computer, just to sit on msn messenger, when someone who really needs to use the computer is standing in line waiting to do some uni work. I may sound like a dickhead, but its my opinion, I'am putting across here.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ever contemplated that whilst on messenger we may actually be talking about uni work? (hey I've done it before)

rific

HSC
Ya, I couldn't stand to just sit there and 'chat' on msn, I'm only online if I have something else to do and it's pretty easy to just let msn run in the background. But I see where you're coming from, if someone's just sitting on msn during a peak time at uni and not actually doing anything uni related, it's a bit rough.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
engineering side is good to get a comp to bludge on as I don't think I ever remember seeing a line up to use the computers over there.

I agree with baker though, I've never bludged on msn at a pc in the AIC, CT building, etc. when there's been a line up of people waiting to use it. The mac room in the CT building generally has heaps of macs free and they're not all that hard to use.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
ah, pwned!!

I dropped comp. sci, so I don't go over that way anymore..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Besides, don't you need access to the engineering network to access their computers?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
And whats the deal with this proxy thing?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Besides, don't you need access to the engineering network to access their computers?
Yeah

I found out my 200MB (would have been 300MB this year) hdd space and account on flame is gone! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)