• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so... final exams :s (1 Viewer)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by flowin'
Stat272 is ten times worse than Stat171 which is ten times worse than Stat170. Moral of the story - don't ever do Stat272 if you can avoid it. :p
if ur sayn the difficultu difference between 272 compared to 171 and 171 compared to 170 os the same..then ur like ...how do u say....WRONG

i'd say 171 is 3 times harder than 170 and 272 is 100000 times harder than 171

flowin'

Originally posted by scarecrow_of_oz
lagrange multiplier and linear difference equation questions? i'll give them shiny dollars and eternal gratitude...
I've recently heard of the term lagrange multiplier (in Math235, a couple of weeks ago) and linear difference equation (in Acst211, which I did more than half a year ago, ie. I can't remember). Lagrange multiplier is difficult, I couldn't be bothered understanding. Just learn the process ie. memorise how to do questions on them.

Originally posted by -=«MČŇhﴊ»=-
if ur sayn the difficultu difference between 272 compared to 171 and 171 compared to 170 os the same..then ur like ...how do u say....WRONG

Does that mean 272 is 300 000 times harder than 170? Well, good luck! Because I know people who failed 170, and if 272 is 300 000 times harder, I don't want to know!

HSC
that's good advice though its the process i'm looking for i'm just very confused about the whole thing and don't know how i'm gonna sort it out! i went to the numeracy centre and read through their books and none of it really made sense. oh if i only had a brain, la la la la la la la la la

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it would have been sweet for me if i didnt do stat171....it isnt even compulsory for me!?!!!!
i wish i knew of how fucked up 171 would be before i started it.

oh and econ...well i hope i sit near someone smart, like seriously!

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by scarecrow_of_oz
that's good advice though its the process i'm looking for i'm just very confused about the whole thing and don't know how i'm gonna sort it out! i went to the numeracy centre and read through their books and none of it really made sense. oh if i only had a brain, la la la la la la la la la
don't they give out assn solutions? or find a friend whose done the tute, and copy and memorise.
Originally posted by redruM
it would have been sweet for me if i didnt do stat171....it isnt even compulsory for me!?!!!!
i wish i knew of how fucked up 171 would be before i started it.

oh and econ...well i hope i sit near someone smart, like seriously!
back in my day (which was more than 365), the lecturer put up an overhead saying that heaps of people failed the subject and that if you weren't an actuary you shouldn't do. within two weeks at least 25% of the people disappeared. funny that.

i hope i sit next to someone smart as well, whose willing to write my name and student no. on their essays ;):p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by -=?MČŇhﴊ?=-

so should we do 270? it does exist right?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
well, tbh i dun think anyone in their right mind would do more stat than they need to

i htink i know someone doing stat273 atm if that exists

*hopeful*

HSC
my tutor told me im only allowed 3 hrs of sleep every day if i wanna catch up in everything
so yeh im excited :)

HSC
we do get some answers in tutes and stuff though i missed alot of last weeks (couldn't see the damn board even from front row, getting my glasses made stronger) and my friends haven't shown up for class in over a month :)
i tried that sitting next to a smart person for the maths test though no opportune time for cheating plus my attempt at mooching his smart brain waves didn't seem to work :( feel free to try your luck though flyin'

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
my tutor told me to study 3 hrs every day to catch up on everything (by next year =p)!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
haha it wont make a difference. In the final exam everyone sits separately just like hsc
darn.. what am i going to do now :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha it wont make a difference. In the final exam everyone sits separately just like hsc
lol wow these rooms must be big

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
i heard they use many rooms =p
since you have already experienced it

what about stat in the gym? is that one or many rooms? do you sit alphabetically or due to student number? (on that note, is student number worked out alphabetically or by course or something?)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i dont like the gym... its like one big hall, or bball court with stacks of people in it.
I think you sit alphabetically...
so i wonder who i will be near.. i don't know anyone with a very close name to me

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
it's by student no. and student no. are based on year of entry into uni., name/course/school etc.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
it's by student no. and student no. are based on year of entry into uni., name/course/school etc.
o ok, this will be interesting (meant to be thinking of exams and i will be looking at the seating arrangements!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)