So Guy's.. I need a Job (1 Viewer)

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
My advice is not to apply for Coles and Woolworths. Stupid fuckers have not replied to my application, or any applications my friends sent (some sent theirs 2 years ago). My advice is um.. well, that's it. Good luck getting a job. I've been trying since January. All I get are emails rejecting me, if not that, then no emails at all. If I do get luck, it is that I get called in for an interview. And even then, I get rejected. As such, I've turned into a complete cynic. The job application thing is so bullshit. You have to write some fucking advertisement about yourself, go to an interview in "SMART CASUAL" whatever the hell that means, since instead of encouraging indivudualism and comfort, they demand that we all conform to the mould and embrace some quasi-communist paradise where we all look and act the same.

Oops, went too far. :burn:

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
Probably not since [another rant] every job asks for EXPERIENCE. You must have EXPERIENCE yet how can one get EXPERIENCE when every job asks for EXPERIENCE? It's all bullshit. If I am an employer one day, I'll hire the least experienced, and the one I most feel sorry for and everyone can come wearing whatever the hell they want to the job interview. If it's a mankini, so be it :shy:

proringz

HSC
Applying online is alright too, I got a job at Coles that way.

haylz234

HSC
Probably not since [another rant] every job asks for EXPERIENCE. You must have EXPERIENCE yet how can one get EXPERIENCE when every job asks for EXPERIENCE? It's all bullshit. If I am an employer one day, I'll hire the least experienced, and the one I most feel sorry for and everyone can come wearing whatever the hell they want to the job interview. If it's a mankini, so be it :shy:

i seriously hope you're kidding. hire the least experienced? how would that go? you'd be screwed. i appreciate that online job hunting is a bitch. you need to apply to places that probably aren't so corporate, start with small business. you'd know the managers better because they work directly with you. heaps easier to get a job in small business than large businesses.

just start handing out resumes and hope for the best. if not, then look at your resume and see if it can be improved.

and it is the GFC. so they're not likely to take on new staff who have no idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)