so how are you guys finding science? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
hi guys,

im curious about what science students think of their courses and everything because, i like science and wanna do it over business- in other words, im after a transfer.

i was talking with this student who said that i would be a great sci student (he actually said doctor :) ) but anyways im curious about how first year students are finding it.

ill get the rest of the info from people who do science at uts before making my decision.

thanks

p.s ill be more specific soon, so bear with me :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
science is good

first week or 2 has been slow with basic stuff and intros to concepts that are the foundations of what you will be studying

i want to transfer- but im thinking ill stick to sciences

the best idea would be to combine business and a science

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you can talk to the dean of science when enrolling and im sure they will allow you to vary your enrollment for subject selection

basically when you are first year they have strands of sciences and you pick one of your liking...which contains the basic subjects for that program of study. However i think you can alter the program if you talk to your faculty :)

also i believe all science students take one maths related subject- even though i hate it im doing statistical design and analysis

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
im not sure about ALL science students havning to take one maths related subject, unless you are referring to those doing b.science only where they have to choose their strand.

other than that.. no you don't HAVE to take one maths related subject.

are you b.science or b.biotechnology straight?

Hi Elmo! :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I kept thinking "thejosiekiller" was "Panda Bear", lol.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
i love getting rid of science. Finally Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Blue_Eyed_Devil

In my seat in front of the comp!! where else??
HSC
ok.. science.. depends on what science. eventhough its all pretty much shitted. classes. they are fucked. boring to death. science life sux.. only come across whats so disgusting. its all theory and the practical bit is looking at a microscope or mixing two chemicals!! thats a thrill. oh and guess what.. the lecturers are no help at all. in fact, they only make life more miserable!! i don't know man. if your course is hell maybe u wana transfer but i would't mind transfering from here myself!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I loved it. Even though I complained about the work and the shitty hours (24 seems so small now) and the TOTAL INFLEXIBILITY IN TIMETABLE ... I was very happy with what I was learning, even the difficult bits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)