So..how do you get a band 6 in biology? (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Calculon
I know, next they'll have an extended response section for maths
lolz extended response...
it that's teh case, i am convinced that being old is good in some way or an other....

shevy

bio is gay and is it just us or are the teachers shocking??
only way to do well is to study the bible (excel biology)
and hope for the best

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uhm... from bast exp, u want any thing BUT excel...

preferably 2 text books, context is definitely good...

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Know your stuff mate.

Then know how to answer questions.

underline parts of complex questions.

dont be too fancy. Its too easy.

Bio is a joke really! i finished the test 1 hour early last year and began to cross out correct answers and the putting them on again.

Thats probs why i only got 94

melanie

bio is a joke, sorry
i didn't work very hard at it and got an exam mark of 93.
some people i know worked REALLY hard it it (to be honest, it has the MOST content to actually remember esp. if you do Human story elective!) and got worse

luck...and bullshit

just make it plausible by having a vague idea of what it's all about

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
uh huh yea... no kidding...

perhaps that's why it has a horrible scaling... =(

IronyHigh

Heh, yeah it's way too englishy. I don't feel confident with my answers sometimes because the teachers at my school seem to be obsessed with wording to the point of being obscure. When you ask them why they didn't give you a mark, they have to pause and think for ten seconds before replying.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yea bio is abit too much english... as well as other hsc science i think... it becomes a really bad habit if you do sci in uni =p

the model asnwer consists of like 2 lines, whereas, by the habit students tend to write around 5 lines for the answer... argh, wut a world ><

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
yea bio is abit too much english... as well as other hsc science i think... it becomes a really bad habit if you do sci in uni =p

the model asnwer consists of like 2 lines, whereas, by the habit students tend to write around 5 lines for the answer... argh, wut a world ><
Hmmm, care to explain to me how i topped bio but came 110/140 in english last year?:p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
Hmmm, care to explain to me how i topped bio but came 110/140 in english last year?:p
well, there ain't exactly a correlation between english and biology... biology looks at how well u know the stuff and also express them in logical fashion... english also involves alot of logic, more so is ur ability to analyse texts... and i hated that too... ><

i was a less dramatic example too, i got 3rd overal in my bio (which i was quite shocked...i was like, huh??? i got 3rd??? ... btw, there are more than 3 pplz doin bio in my school =p) and somewhere around outta 100th for my english...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i got a band 6 in bio.....just make sure u know ur dp's realllly welll!!! n u will be fine.....btw go me!!!!:D

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
remember your verbs and actually read teh titles of the syllabus. last year there was a question on burnett and everyone was like "who's burnett?!"

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
mei_ling03 said:
remember your verbs and actually read teh titles of the syllabus. last year there was a question on burnett and everyone was like "who's burnett?!"
is mcfarlene burnet???

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I was going to ask about that, do we need to know about him or was he taken out of the syllabus because the title talks about him but theres no specific point about it

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I didnt know/care about Biology until 2 weeks before the exam. I crammed and got 82. Not that impressive but theres proof for people who dont know anything and want to achieve band 5+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)