So i choose UTS over USYD or UNSW. (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
And so did two of my mates. We were all deadset on going to USYD, but after the advisory days it seemed UTS was the overall better university, more flexible course, easier to get to and the atmosphere was awesome. For the record, two of us choose B Business and the other B Business/B Law.

Though i have hopes of transfering into B Law.

Anyone else have an abrupt decision and now want to go to UTS?

kazzak

HSC
Nah i always knew i wanted to goto UTS, it just seems like the better university for business students who have cadetships or if they intend to get one later on in their degree. Reasons being that any firm will tell you straight out that they dont want you to goto sydney because their is no flexibility in the attendance pattern. While UNSW might be a nice uni, it takes an extra bus trip to get their, a mile worth of stairs and walking to get to class and the graduate outcomes are very similiar to uts.

UTS all the way

HSC
Yea i ended up confirming my decision to stick with the UTS nursing course. They seem more practical and a few people who i know are nurses have recommended it, so im happy :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ricky09 said:
And so did two of my mates. We were all deadset on going to USYD, but after the advisory days it seemed UTS was the overall better university, more flexible course, easier to get to and the atmosphere was awesome. For the record, two of us choose B Business and the other B Business/B Law.

Though i have hopes of transfering into B Law.

Anyone else have an abrupt decision and now want to go to UTS?
yesterday you said you wanted to go to unsw?? and prepare to be shocked. UNSW's social life is better than UTS'. And considering how poor UNSWs social aspects are...

Ricky09

HSC
stazi said:
yesterday you said you wanted to go to unsw?? and prepare to be shocked. UNSW's social life is better than UTS'. And considering how poor UNSWs social aspects are...
Yeah. My mind changed, spoke to a few more people and UTS just seemed the go. I can always chaneg if i don't like it though.

samantha_s

HSC
I chose nursing at UTS over USYD because I like the course structure better. USYD does have a nice environment, but I think UTS is fine.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Yeah I'm doing engineering there so that you can do a year of paid work in the degree. Didn't want to study for another four years straight.

sandz_2

HSC
I chose UTS over USYD and UNSW for B science due to the better structure of the course. You are able to choose your 1st year subjects which really appealed to me as i didnt want to do the usual [bio, chem, maths] 1st year. Also the practicalilty of the course seems more regarded by employers even though USYD and UNSW might be more highly regarded in the Science field..

roadcone

HSC
i did this last year - switched at the very last minute to b. bus at uts over b. comm at unsw/usyd. best decision of my life. definately do not regret it at all. uts is goood. flexiable as. and easy too.

juni

juni
HSC
I chose UTS as it is considered prestigious in terms of their Design courses. I wanted to do Visual Communication/ International Studies and the only other place that offered it was UWS :S
I wanted to do a focused design studies rather than the multi disciplinary design degree offered at UNSW.. and as for USYD, they don't have design at all.

shimmy&shine

HSC
I was also dead set on Sydney University, i got sucked into the mindset of prestige over everything. I chose uts because the course is better, employers in the industry recommend uts, it is flexible, it is more practical, and the environment when i went to the advisory day, was fantastic. go UTS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)