• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

so ive pretty much failed hsc. what are my options (1 Viewer)

andy69

HSC
im going very poorly in school and i know my atar is going to be really bad what are the choices i have in going to university. im currently getting about 50% in all subjects will i still recieve my hsc certificate.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes you will but your atar may be really bad depending on how bad it is, you can go through tafe, do a year and then transfer into uni after that

andy69

HSC
yeah ill probably take that option ive been thinking about it for abit

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just do as well as you can here on in, it can lift your ATAR by atleast 10-20 points depending on how well you do in trials & HSC

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Just do as well as you can here on in, it can lift your ATAR by atleast 10-20 points depending on how well you do in trials & HSC
Depends really how his school is ranked.

Like if OP went to James Ruse that would change everything.

Gigacube

HSC
If you're aiming for a specific uni check if they have any pathways options. E.g. UTS has insearch which helps you get into UTS.
Check Macquarie Uni & UWS as you can get plenty of bonus points there.
You could also go to TAFE.
It depends on what you want to study as well.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I know a kient who got 60 ATAR at Ruse

wait, whut
Think it was like 64, lowest they had that year lulz

---

And nah it can be lifted despite of rank, depending on how much effort one puts in

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well it may not end up so bad as you think but still, most unis offer pathways.

I know many people using pathways at CSU to get into uni courses by doing supplementary TAFE courses.

And some unis courses cut offs are in the 50s anyway so you may still get into something you want. (Depends on your ranks and school rank really for us to approximate an ATAR)

Oh, and if you do wll in your trials and actual HSC you could still tank your ATAR up like a boss.

K

khorne

Don't worry buddy, the world needs plenty of janitors and late night maccas workers, so you know...keep at it m8 :)

Skriker

HSC
If you're aiming for a specific uni check if they have any pathways options. E.g. UTS has insearch which helps you get into UTS.
Check Macquarie Uni & UWS as you can get plenty of bonus points there.
You could also go to TAFE.
It depends on what you want to study as well.
but insearch requires you to have an atar of 67 or he could just do the foundation course of something :)

Gigacube

HSC
but insearch requires you to have an atar of 67 or he could just do the foundation course of something :)
It's still an option; just in case OP does make the cut-off for insearch but misses out for the uni cut-off.

RandoM_TerroR

あなたの背中に!
HSC
You still have your trials + HSC to go mate... don't give up yet, you still can come back if you really try!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Despite what everyone makes it out to be, the HSC isn't the be all and end all. Your life is what you make it to be. Admittedly, if you've stuffed up your HSC -that- badly, University may be unlikely, however, if you choose to work hard (whether that be going to TAFE, finding an apprenticeship, or even getting a Diploma or Certificate in something, or any other number of things), you will eventually find a career path which you will enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)