• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so so so far behind (1 Viewer)

pals_2005

HSC
we have done complex numbers and graphs and we are now moving onto conics. Man if u feel your behind with your work why dont u teach yourself, get patel or lee and have a look at them, they are pretty easy to follow...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lee and patel r the easiest to follow...arnold is jus plain fukd to follow but i t has awesome qs

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
yea sometimes with arnold i get confused, because the proofs etc seem all over the place... they're just smackbang all over the place.. .thats the way i perceive it to be.. its just a bit messy.. terry lee is pretty good, i heard the questions are pretty challenging well for complex anyway..

anyway, i dont know if they're someting wrong with my school, but we seem to be going through it pretty quick.. so far we've done complex numbers, curve sketching and only need half a lesson more for conics, and we're moving onto integration.. are we going too fast..

we only have 4hrs of 4u every fornight.. he does the theory in class (copy overheads etc), and then we do exercises at home, and if we have any questions, he takes it home and brings it back the next day and gives us the solution in 3u class..

is my school weird?/

Trev

stix
HSC
fantasy27 said:
yea sometimes with arnold i get confused, because the proofs etc seem all over the place... they're just smackbang all over the place.. .thats the way i perceive it to be.. its just a bit messy.. terry lee is pretty good, i heard the questions are pretty challenging well for complex anyway..

anyway, i dont know if they're someting wrong with my school, but we seem to be going through it pretty quick.. so far we've done complex numbers, curve sketching and only need half a lesson more for conics, and we're moving onto integration.. are we going too fast..

we only have 4hrs of 4u every fornight.. he does the theory in class (copy overheads etc), and then we do exercises at home, and if we have any questions, he takes it home and brings it back the next day and gives us the solution in 3u class..

is my school weird?/
well, your ahead of schedule :p at least you'll have alot of time for revision; we have done complex numbers, polynomials, and we have had 2 lessons of graphs.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
my class hasn't even finished complex no.s yet..... :( it is because there are people who have only just decided they want to move back in to 3u not to mention 4u :rolleyes:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
lol but u started this term...
pfft doesn't count.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Estel said:
lol but u started this term...
pfft doesn't count.
Yes but our teacher had to show some people how to frickin factorise!!! :vcross:

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, i hav no problems with goin slow cause i already know the entire course, but its gunna be funny come week 9 term 3 when we are still doin intergration and our teacher is still gettin stoned in our 'break time'

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fantasy27 said:
he does the theory in class (copy overheads etc), and then we do exercises at home, and if we have any questions, he takes it home and brings it back the next day and gives us the solution in 3u class..

is my school weird?/
Isn't it difficult to learn maths from overheads?. Especially Ext 2, coz sometimes it requires you to stare at a set of working for 5-10mins before you understand it...and damn I'd hate it if I had to copy maths down from an overhead. My teacher just photocopies whole books and kills 50 trees in the process - better than copying from overheads imo :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My teacher has the right idea by giving us handouts. It'd take ages and be completely unproductive to copy stuff from a book or the board. And further if he did force us to do that, I'd go postal.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
My teacher has the right idea by giving us handouts. It'd take ages and be completely unproductive to copy stuff from a book or the board. And further if he did force us to do that, I'd go postal.
There's a teacher at my school who reads to the class directly from the textbook...I think that explains itself :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
There's a teacher at my school who reads to the class directly from the textbook...I think that explains itself :)
Well at least they are well enriched individuals. I wish I still had story time. Unfortunately, they dropped that when I started high school. :(

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Well at least they are well enriched individuals. I wish I still had story time. Unfortunately, they dropped that when I started high school. :(
Teachers still read novels to us in Yr 10 for English...looks like story-time didn't end in primary school for me... :D

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i donno, i'm okay with it, it used to be really fast paced at first.. but i guess he does overheads because he doesnt want to write so much on the board.. but he sort of summarises all the notes from diff. textbooks into his overheads... i would prefer some handouts though.. then i wouldnt have to spend time copying out the overhead whilst trying to listen to his explanations..

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
we've finished complex and polynomials, and half-way through conics.

i love my teacher to death, he is my mentor teacher, but i hate how he is teaching us in 4u: he writes notes on the board, while explaining things, therefore i have to multitask by copying stuff down, following the thread of what im writing and then actually listening and understanding what he is talking about. its then up to me to actually make the class half-bearable because if i wasnt there it would be 2 hours straight of silence.

i am slowly going bat-shit insane.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)