So unsw doesn't love you? (1 Viewer)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
UNSW certainly doesn't love ME.

I declare this the official unsw interview rejection thread.

So don't be scared. Share with us your rejection story.

Come and wallow in self pity with the rest of us umatfaylers.

And maybe post up your other uni preferences.

But, seriously, don't worry too much. There are still many medicine unis out there, and there is always next year.

So just keep persevering, and pwn that HSC. :)

edit: oh yeah, i'm supposed to post up my other prefs, eh? lol.

I've got psychology and vet science as my other preferences.

And i'm really hoping to get into vet sci if i don't make it into medicine.

jemba

HSC
im one im one...ah it does so uberly suck...i was refreshing my inbox religously till i got the letter of "yeah you do suck"...

heres to aceing the hsc

my prefes are now

uws med
bio med engineering
architecture

depending on my uai

arts/law

congrats to people who got interviews...and to those like me....it sucks but meh thats life...and yes it is ok to secretly hate those who got interviews...XD

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
sladehk said:
come to UWS- your answer
of course i will. Actually, that's my second uac preference. lol

But, i'm willing to go even to Tasmania to do medicine if i have to.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I'm really counting on ACCESS for 2nd round, but i know i prob won't get in.

My prefs were:

1. Med at UNSW, Arts/MBBS
2. UWS MBBS
3. UNCLE MBBS
4. UWS MBBS DFEE
5. UNCLE MBBS DFEE
6. UNSW DFEE Arts/MBBS
7. B.A at UNSW
8. BA UWS(Dean's scholars)
9. UTS LLB or UNSW arts/law ACCESS

bilgia

HSC
i got rejected but its not the end of the world...im from vic and i applied like to adel uni, unsw, uws and griffith...fo med and my backup is engineering at monash..i applied to melb and monash for med but its extremely hard to get in...monash with 240 min umat score..
Im still trying to get that 99 enter so its important not to lose focus or anything

HSC
nooooooooo.....i got rejected.....imma go for uws, if i dun get in, imma do nuclear medicine technology which is 3 years n then do post grad-_-....this sucks

redom

HSC
jst a quick qn, dunno if it should be here! but do unsw have our umat results when giving out interviews?....they already have them?

beentherdunthat

HSC
redom said:
jst a quick qn, dunno if it should be here! but do unsw have our umat results when giving out interviews?....they already have them?
yup.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
redom said:
yeah, that's how they determine who gets into first round interviews.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh could be worse.. i failed at UNSW interview.. even if u got one..

just goto any other course :)

HSC
redom said:
did u make it?!?!???

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Wooz said:
7. B.A at UNSW
Just curious --> why BA at UNSW rather than USyd - is there a particular UNSW offering that attracts you? (speaking from the perspective of someone who has watched aspects of the UNSW arts faculty go downhill as of late... cutting of courses/majors, increasing tut size, fewer advanced level course, etc)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
KFunk said:
Just curious --> why BA at UNSW rather than USyd - is there a particular UNSW offering that attracts you? (speaking from the perspective of someone who has watched aspects of the UNSW arts faculty go downhill as of late... cutting of courses/majors, increasing tut size, fewer advanced level course, etc)
Yeah, i've spent the last 3 weeks comparing the courses, i want to do philosophy/philosophy and history of science, MQ seems bias as i do unit's of religion/philosophy in MQ 'Christian studies institute' and there is only one elective where you can debate science and religion, it just seems to be a strongly Christian orienteted, biblical studies area at MQ.

Usyd is arguably the best for arts, but i don't like some of the minors which i have to undertake to do certain philosophical and religions studies.

UNSW it's not too far away and i want to major in (Politics and international relations/History and philosophy of science) but yeah, the faculty seems pretty dodgy with a very wide range of social studies/sciences incorporated, also UNSW allows me to take more units in science areas in case i have to do post-grad medicine. I've got B.A/BSC down as one of me pref's it's 4 years compared to 4 at Usyd. I really wana try again to get into med at UNSW next year again, do u know if they still offer ACCESS entry for uni student's at the Med fac? Also what area's are under scrutiny and what do they wana cut out? Also what is the shortest time i can finish a BA, if i take extra unit's and use summer school?

I've also considered ANU, for BA(Politics and international relations) or BA Philosophy(Hons) nd i have to stay down around sydney, due to family illness and commitments.

What's your advice KFunK?

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
independantz said:
Are UWS interviews just as competitive as UNSW?
Yes and no, but they are stuctured totally differently, you are interviewed by up to 12 people at mini-multiple interview's at different stations, my careers advisor was one of the interviewers.

Also interview cut-offs are 95 and 187, and 93UAI and 187 for Greater Western Sydney students.

beentherdunthat

HSC
independantz said:
Are UWS interviews just as competitive as UNSW?
The UAI cut-off for UWS is lower than UNSW's. So I guess it's still competitive, but not so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)