So wats the general ideas??? (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i hate stereotypical teen angst stories. i fucking hate that shit. i made a point of writing about positive, nice things in my stories. not in an unrealistic sunshine&flowers sort of way, but i just hate the whole "oh life is so bad, every teenager has an eating disorder/abusive boyfriend/has been raped" stuff etc etc.

chip

HSC
writing a sitcom hahaha i think i'm funny but alas no one else does

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
what do you mean by accidental?? The chaos theory?
i just wasn't aware that no one has linked shakespeare and the simpsons before...it seemed like a perfectly logical comparison to me, and a natural progression when refining my focus area...and then i found out that i'm apparently breaking new ground...i was kinda torn between "wow, cool! go my original thought" and "shit, you mean i have to make it all up? if i wanted to be that creative i would'nt have chosen the only non-creative medium...":)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
hey, that's a good plan...tell the markers "well, you're not meant to get it..." and then they'll assume that because it makes no sense to them you've done it well:)

wow, that's better than my (accidental) plan of doing a critical response where the ONLY previous thing that even resembles my topic is a semi-obscure one man stage show:)
it's not as if it doesn't make anysense. it does, to a certain extent, but you'll have to think about it. :) I am trying to confuse people intellectually. I guess not so much of confusing them, but rather to challenge their ways of thinking

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
if i wanted to be that creative i would'nt have chosen the only non-creative medium...":)
your ideas do sound really cool!! :) I like it

well, I guess that balance out doesn't it?

still ill

i'm on the anti-angst team
my story deals with personal enlightenment and labytinths [?], although a little gloomy in parts it's mainly going for that transcendental niceness, like listening to a bjrk or sigur rs song :p
thanks for explaining your name andronicarse, been wondering about it for quite some time but was to drunk to ask...jeg

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by still ill
it's mainly going for that transcendental niceness, like listening to a bjrk or sigur rs song :p
oh wow, that totally made me want to read your story.
'staralfur' by sigur ros is really one of my absolute favourite songs ever.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well, my major work is a collection of poetry about dance. It shows how dance is a product of it's cultural and historical context, and explores dance on both individual and societal levels. Well, at least that's what my reflection statement says.... lol

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Well I'm not doing a teen-angsty/depression/rape etc. story but some think that my idea is just as cliched. I interviewed a whole lot of migrants and then I wrote a collection of fictional stories based on their characters. I'm trying to show how interesting other cultures are whilst showing that they're really just the same as us.. ahh.. how nice.. lol..

and my idea is therefore kinda 'telling the truth' because who knows if my stories are really 'true', its really just my representation of that truth to suit my purpose of 'changing the reader's perspective'... how painful.. i suddenly got told recently that we're meant to take stuff from our other english subjects so i imposed all this stuff over it.

sadly, my teacher wanted me to do stupid-melodramatic-over-the-top-serious-writing... (she didnt understand my humour...) ive got some serious stuff in some of them, but i thought it was really important to write some slightly humourous stories because my audience is 17-25..

anyway.. hope u aren't all going to steal my idea in the last week b4 its due *looks menacingly around at everyone in the Eng Extension 2 forums..*

do YOU think my idea is too cliched? (as in the migrant thing has been seriously overdone lately?...)

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hang on, I might just throw my nearly completed major work in the river and steal lemonade's idea....

lol

I think your idea sounds good, and not really cliched or anything! I like your idea of incorporating humor, make sure you say that you have incorporated humor to make your work more accessable and enjoyable for your target audience in your reflection statement... they like that kind of thinking!

I invented my target audience after I had finished my work lol because my teacher recommended that I mention it in my RS. As if my work has a target audience.... nobody reads poetry these days lol. I was thinking about writing in my reflection statement "my target audience is the markers at the board of studies.... I have really written this work for no other purpose other than to meet the course outcomes of extension 2 english". Don't think that would go down too well lol.

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Hang on, I might just throw my nearly completed major work in the river and steal lemonade's idea....
Ahhhhh!!! Noooo!!! I knew that would happen!! lol :p

I think your idea sounds good, and not really cliched or anything!
Yay! thankyou :) I feel good now, I might go write some more :)

I like your idea of incorporating humor, make sure you say that you have incorporated humor to make your work more accessable and enjoyable for your target audience in your reflection statement... they like that kind of thinking!
Will do - I was wondering what to put in my reflection statement.. lol.

I was thinking about writing in my reflection statement "my target audience is the markers at the board of studies.... I have really written this work for no other purpose other than to meet the course outcomes of extension 2 english".
I know! That's the thing that annoys me! Cause my teacher never really likes it, and therefore I don't think the BOS markers will like it, but I'm writing for a 17-25 audience!! not a BOS marker!! Ahhhhhh!!!

Paisley

Banned
My idea is a series of four short stories (although the second one is actually a suite of loosely-linked narrative poems...) exploring the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and how they are represented throughout history in traditional power relationships - imperialist/aborigine, landlord/tenant, commander/soldier and boy/girl...

Luckily for me, my target audience is adults...

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Originally posted by Paisley
My idea is a series of four short stories exploring the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Holy shit! That sounds uber-cool! Gimme dat War, Famine, Pestilence and Plague baby! er.... Paisley!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
My project is a critical response essay entitled 'Looking Backward:On The Development Of Utopic Parameters". :p

Pretentious title aside, it attempts to trace the development of the literary utopia by focusing on three texts and discussing the changes that have occured between them, those texts being;
Plato-The Republic.
Thomas More-Utopia
Aldous Huxley-Brave New World. (It's a dystopia, but relevant to my argument, for it represents the inverse of The Republic.)

Whether it succeeds in doing so is up to the responder.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
wow everyone's major works sound so sophisticated and wow!

the "purpose" of my major work is to demystify the taboo that surrounds swear words/obscenities. basically it's about how society constructs the meaning of obscenity which is demonstrated through how obscenities evolved from being neutral words to holding the connotations they have today... if that makes sense :rolleyes: so yeah i get to use a lot of swear words which is really ironic since in real life i rarely swear :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
My one's your typical 'teenage angst' MW

LOL :p
I hate it, but I'm doing it anyway :D :D

Leap

free falling
HSC
Argh, I hate you all! You all have such complicated and original ideas. :(

I always find mine really hard to explain, its sort of a story about a journey through madness/insanity and I've included stuff from Jung's theory of the inner child, but its main purpose is entertainment, so its pretty lighthearted.

Basically the whole thing is just my subconscious running amok, a lot of people don't really 'get' it. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)