So what are you guys playing at the moment? (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying Rising Storm but found out that after 10 minutes of play, it leads to my laptop overheating.

Doesn't seem too resource intensive so maybe it hasn't been optimised properly by the devs?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Ended up buying Rising Storm but found out that after 10 minutes of play, it leads to my laptop overheating.

Doesn't seem too resource intensive so maybe it hasn't been optimised properly by the devs?
I can gift you free steam games.

n-n

HSC
N/A
To be honest, original Zelda. Never gets old.
Just finished playing Borderlands 2. It was good, but definitely not my type of game.

Tasteless

HSC
Yeah, I fucking love RPGs (diablo 2, titan quest and now path of exile are probably among my very favourite games), but borderlands just really didn't do it for me. It was't bad but it just wasn't ~special~ in that I couldn't play it over and over again for thousands of hours.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Getting sapped back into gaming by Tekken.

As usual, it's that game that gets me back on the consoles. Damn Namco.

seanieg89

HSC
all smash games. and recently installed aoe2 + forgotten empires, played a couple of epic games with two of my housemates today.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. It was boring and predictable.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nah, it was shit. They still never explained what the CIA and 33rd were doing, why they went rogue etc. The twist was as predictable as fuck. No-one else ever responded to the radio, the opening credits pretty much showed him shooting himself in the head, and whatsisface "conveniently" did most of his talking when Walker was alone anyway. Gameplay was boring. I like that ammo was scarce, but the controls were fucked. The characters were stupid. As if he didn't notice the huddle of 40 people right under where he was aiming that mortar on the camera. I was aiming the fucking thing and I hesitated because it was so blatantly obvious. The three soldiers weren't professionals at all. They knew how to handle weapons, but they had the emotional maturity of a 12 year-old. As if Delta soldiers had never seen that kind of shit before. Especially a fucking Sergeant and a Captain.

Tasteless

HSC
Nah, it was shit. They still never explained what the CIA and 33rd were doing, why they went rogue etc. The twist was as predictable as fuck. No-one else ever responded to the radio, the opening credits pretty much showed him shooting himself in the head, and whatsisface "conveniently" did most of his talking when Walker was alone anyway. Gameplay was boring. I like that ammo was scarce, but the controls were fucked. The characters were stupid. As if he didn't notice the huddle of 40 people right under where he was aiming that mortar on the camera. I was aiming the fucking thing and I hesitated because it was so blatantly obvious. The three soldiers weren't professionals at all. They knew how to handle weapons, but they had the emotional maturity of a 12 year-old. As if Delta soldiers had never seen that kind of shit before. Especially a fucking Sergeant and a Captain.
100% agree with this (most of the rest too I guess, I didn't really foresee the twist but I knew something was up), I went back and searched the closer section when I was mortaring because I thought I'd missed someone and we'd be freeing the people behind afterwards.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Now playing Tomb Raider. It's really good. I genuinely care about Lara and it's not just another action game. How many of them have the protaganist enter a gunfight by yelling out "please, I don't want to have to do this". Plus pretty graphics and challenging puzzles.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Now playing Tomb Raider. It's really good. I genuinely care about Lara and it's not just another action game. How many of them have the protaganist enter a gunfight by yelling out "please, I don't want to have to do this". Plus pretty graphics and challenging puzzles.
I took your endorsement and spent $90 to download Tomb Raider, 15 minutes in and I'm already glad I did. Well played sir.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Lots of Binding of Isaac now.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I took your endorsement and spent $90 to download Tomb Raider, 15 minutes in and I'm already glad I did. Well played sir.
Wut? $90? On Steam it's like $60 and I got it for like $15 on sale a month or so ago.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I never pay for steam games. Always get them for free ^_^

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I never pay for steam games. Always get them for free ^_^
The vast majority of them are under $10, and even if they're not, you just wait until they are. You don't think a video game that will provide you with anywhere between 5 and 500 hours of fun is worth that in order to support the industry? You sir, are a cunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)