• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so what do you think about uni? (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
macq uni is cool.. i'm loving it way more than usyd!! :p

the workload is much more easier, maybe because i'm actually a second year student and know how to do stuff.. but anyways...

the atmosphere is great, as everyone has already said... and the campus is pretty good. its not spaced out like at usyd. the library is shit, compared to usyd. they have like 1 copy of everything and they let you renew loans on the prescribed texts (mktg101). i'm gonna go to usyds library sometime this week and borrow a book for a mq unit!! :p

now all i'm hoping for is a D average and a trasnfer!!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
What do you want to transfer to jlh?

Hahah I work at the libarary!! I prefer Mac over UNSW library (lacks open space, annoying lifts and their catalogue's dodge). I haven't seen USYD's or UTS. UWS has a lot of copies of books - unborrowed! Which is always good for high demand books..

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
The library at UWS has potential, its really a 2 storey building with one floor. Echoes a lot there too but the design is quite interesting and lots of natural light.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Ahh I've never actually seen that library personally myself.

The Macquarie one is actually meant to be twice the size it is...there's a bit patch of grass next to it where it was going extend to.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
I got lost in the usyd and unsw libraries. How many levels are there??? The unsw library is like the size of the UTS building!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Cyan_phoeniX
Oh and it has a dinosaur in its library... oh yeah!
and a big bear somewhere else :p

i haven't been to any other libraries.. i'm deprived, i might go and check them out sometime and see what i can get for our subjects

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
am i the only one here thinkin it sorta sucks? well not sucks
but the work load is like whoa
im like 4weeks behind. i travel like 2hrs++
chicks? i dont see many. its like a rarity. all i see is those internationals who dress really weirdly.
nd daytona
challenge anyone?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you travel over 2 hrs you have about 4hrs or a bit less than that a day when we are doing work and you are on transport. therefore, for you the work load would appear heavier

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yeh thats true. i travel 2 hours too, and that's time i could be doing work. I try to read on the bus but yeh... i usually can't be bothered.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Wow, that must really suck goats balls to travel so long.

Demandred

HSC
Just a small question, compared to the HSC, is there a lot more work (or pressure)?

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Demandred
Just a small question, compared to the HSC, is there a lot more work (or pressure)?
varies..

if u r doing a unit in uni that is not similiar to subjects u've done in hsc, then u'll find the workload a lot more cos the pace of things is pretty fast..but if u've already done the subject in hsc, then its less work and less pressure

hmm..theres not much pressure unless ur aiming to ace everything..but just that the subjects i do (maths and statistic), they requre u to do stuff every few weeks, and it kinda shits me..lol

flamin'

they don't apply pressure for you to work unless there are weekly quizes or something but even then you do what you wanna do - so you can skip em if you want (though you probably won't pass but hey... no pressure)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
depends on how much work you want to do... pressure? not much unless you're doing something like actuarial studies or law units.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'm feeling the pressure now. My law essay is due in 22 hours!

ND

HSC
Not enough pressure to deter you from posting on BoS though. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)