So what is BA of Economics and Commerce about? (1 Viewer)

ckcalvin

HSC
I am interested in Commerce because so many people do it but what is it really about? Is it similiar to economics or is it full of maths?

Anyways can someone give me more information about Commerce at Macquarie and UNSW. Is it hard? How many people are doing it? Career prospects?

Oh if anyone has information about bachelor of Planning at UNSW tell me more about it too.

wonsta

HSC
heard they are basically similar but little different...
couple friends went unsw for commerce they said most lecturers are chinese well prob thy wer exaggerating
n u know about mq right? its full of internationals

come to usyd so

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I imagine it's similar to Economics. Don't know much about it but at UNSW you do all the same units as the other Commerce students in the first semester first year and in later semesters you choose units that fit your major(s) like Finance, Accounting, Actuary etc.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
From the UNSW:ASB website:

The Bachelor of Commerce is a flexible degree which provides you with a fundamental understanding of business from Accounting to Marketing to Human Resource Management and Information Systems, as well as the opportunity to study up to two majors from a choice of fifteen. The Bachelor of Economics is specifically designed for students who wish to pursue careers as professional economists. Along with gaining a core understanding of economic theory and econometrics, you are required to study an economics related major with an optional second commerce major (excluding Actuarial Studies).

Undergraduate programs | Undergraduate | Future Students | Australian School of Business | UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)