So...what's next? (1 Viewer)

arjungamer123

HSC
Are we set to receive more welcome packages soon with formal info on O-Week, textbook lists, policies etc.?

Or do we just rock up to O-Week and be like "Yeah, we're in uni now"

LordPc

HSC
Or do we just rock up to O-Week and be like "Yeah, we're in uni now"
pretty much.

the first lecture of just about every course will cover all of the important admin stuff. some courses, such as math1131, are just so big that they make an info booklet which has the answers to most questions you want to ask and they tell you to read that

LordPc

HSC
no, u dont need that until ur end semester exam
lol, not if you want cheap travel fairs

first thing you should do when you get to unsw during o week is get your student id card. i got mine on tuesday last year, was about a 10 minute wait, the line was several people long. nice and quick.

when i walked past the id place on thursday, the line went out of the building and across the corner, huge line. do not be one of those people

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lol, not if you want cheap travel fairs

first thing you should do when you get to unsw during o week is get your student id card. i got mine on tuesday last year, was about a 10 minute wait, the line was several people long. nice and quick.

when i walked past the id place on thursday, the line went out of the building and across the corner, huge line. do not be one of those people
Hmmm. What if i still have a valid concession card?

Due to some annoying reasons i might only be able to get it at the end of March. Is that ok? XD

LordPc

HSC
Hmmm. What if i still have a valid concession card?

Due to some annoying reasons i might only be able to get it at the end of March. Is that ok? XD
on the 31st of march last year the police were out in force checking that all concession ticket holders had a valid concession sticker and reminding them to get a new one

just be aware that if you dont have a card you cant borrow books, get into swipe access areas (like computing labs) after dark or compare your superior UNSW id card to those of inferior universities

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
there are random checks in the busses sometimes.

i've had about 2 random checks from uni to central on an 891/895, where they stop the bus about 3 mins down anzac pde and bus dudes walk on and asked us all for our concession cards.

get your concession cards asap.

also, queue at fm assist for concession card during o-week will be a kilometre long.

And yeah, there isnt really an initiation ceremony or anything.

There's o-week, rock up to check out stalls, catch up with friends or line up for cards (or all 3), then next week you're starting proper uni.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
on the 31st of march last year the police were out in force checking that all concession ticket holders had a valid concession sticker and reminding them to get a new one

just be aware that if you dont have a card you cant borrow books, get into swipe access areas (like computing labs) after dark or compare your superior UNSW id card to those of inferior universities
Ah i see. That's ok, i have a laptop :D

Tis all good then ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)