So what's the best antivirus to download? (1 Viewer)

DevotioN

HSC
AVG is pretty good so is NOD32
but i use Comodo Internet Security
and i don't have any problems with it

Pika Luv

HSC
Use Malware Bytes Anti-Malware.
Also try SUPERAntiVirus Free.
^ is actually the most thorough scanner on the internet ATM.

taylorj

HSC
I've been running Microsoft Security Essentials for a while now and have found it to be more than adequate. It is also reasonably light on system resources and noninvasive.

I then use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run it every week or so just to make sure I haven't been infected with anything that MSE has missed. (Found nothing so far)

Before I started using MSE I was using Comodo Internet Security but found it too intrusive so now only use it as a firewall.

Mayazcherquoi

HSC
The best anti-virus? MalwareBytes hand's down.

The best anit-malware suite? Kaspersky hand's down.

xMaNx

HSC
Norton :cool:

I'm Old School, tried nod32, didnt like the interface.

also Norton is sufficing for me.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Sophos I'll agree is a reasonably good Anti-Virus.

Norton can go die in a fire.

Malware Bytes isn't a virus scanner, it's a malware scanner... I personally use it one or twice a week and it's pretty reliable, but then again I'm not an idiot on the Internet. My common sense is my main anti-virus followed by Comodo.

hugh2112

HSC
My computer currently has Avast Antivirus v5 and PC Tools Threatfire. I still have yet to get a virus infection.
Avast has always been my favourite, especially with the new interface. Anything it misses is picked up by Threatfire which is specially made to work with Antivirus programs. Also, Threatfire is not signature based detection, it is behaviour based, so any program that looks like it has malicious intent is blocked and it prompts the user as to allow or deny.
You could also add a firewall (such as ZoneAlarm) but since my new router has a firewall built in, I haven't bothered.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It surprises me that some people run dual antivirus simultaneously. Surely that can't be good considering they are both scanning/fighting for the same level of access rights/privileges.

Anyway my vote still goes to Avast.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It surprises me that some people run dual antivirus simultaneously. Surely that can't be good considering they are both scanning/fighting for the same level of access rights/privileges.

Dirtbag Fashion

When I was a young boy...
HSC
N/A

at one point i remember i had 4 antiviruses/antispyware programs until i realised this shortly after

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
I currently use avast, seems good to me.

I'm also a fan of Nod32 and Kaspersky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)