So who am I doing law with? :) (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
gordo_the_mighty@hotmail.com

i did 4u eng, 4u maths, physics, modern and history extn

i don't know whether i wish to practice as an engineer with a legal background (i.e end up in project management) or as a lawyer with engineering background (drafting contracts for qantas or the developing australian space industry)

but in first year we get to build a plane and fly it :)
i'd love to do the techinical side but i guess in looking into the future, having a law degree too would just increase my options.

The dean at usyd open day said to me "keep your options open"

And who knows, i may end up loving a law and become a full time lawyer at a firm somewhere

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
gordo_the_mighty@hotmail.com

i did 4u eng, 4u maths, physics, modern and history extn

i don't know whether i wish to practice as an engineer with a legal background (i.e end up in project management) or as a lawyer with engineering background (drafting contracts for qantas or the developing australian space industry)

but in first year we get to build a plane and fly it :)
i'd love to do the techinical side but i guess in looking into the future, having a law degree too would just increase my options.

The dean at usyd open day said to me "keep your options open"

And who knows, i may end up loving a law and become a full time lawyer at a firm somewhere
I think the building a plane thing is a stream elective, so unless you overload I don't think you do it...
PS See you in some space units:)

Last edited:

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Omg... aerospace engineering + law....

*Bows down to you*

04er

HSC
yeah i'm doing Commerce/Law :) I swear enrolment at USYD is so fucked up, it ain't funny :mad:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Suvat said:
Omg... aerospace engineering + law....

*Bows down to you*
Now if only he could find a way to incorporate MBBS in there somewhere...:p

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
omg had the worst fimpressions of syd uni today...

ok went to enroll

1. go to carslaw building fill in some inane survey and get a photo taken
2. told to go to the link building to fill in enrollment forms and hecs-help etc
3. get to engineering place (other side of city road) see signs everywhere engineering enrollment poiting to pnr building and none to link building
4. go up stairs to pnr buidling...more signs engineering enrollment here
5. walk inside the room...no sign of anything remotely related to engineering, only stage 2 (ie handing in forms and paying)
6. go back down stairs
7. walk to link building finally find office
8. spk to someone who tells me he can't help me and i have to call some dr. on a phone which is "on the side of the rose st bulding down the little stairs then down the big stairs"
9. blink twice
10. a brief discussion, then i leave to find the rose st building phone
11. cirumnavigate the building then find the phone at the front door
12. call the extn and go through tot he university switchboard which can;t help me
13. they put me through to an answering machine
14. a random guy appears out of nowhere and asks if we need help
15. he goes to find the dr, come back and tells us the doctor is out for lunch and to come back in half an hour
16. we walk back to the link building office to ask them if the dr. can call us wen he is in so we don;t come back and find out he is gone
17. some lady walks out from another room and says "oh r u the eng law guy"
18 "yes"
19. we rang the law faculty to tell them that combined engineering law ppl can;t enroll today they have to come tommorow
20. can't i spk to the dr guy
21 he is not in today
22 umm...ok...thanks for notifying us
22a. (felt like telling her i flew here from adelaide)
23i ask the lady iuf there is anyway i can get subject codes to fill in my enrollment form
24. no...u have to spk to this dr guy...come back tommorow
25. go back to pnr building where engineering enrollments are and ask the lady at the desk if there is anyway to get subejct codes
26. no
27 can i at least do something to make my enrollment tommorow quicker, pay, student card, ANYTHING
28. no
29. ok thanks
30. sorry
31. not your fault...bye
32. drive home for an hour.

GO SYDNEY UNI

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
omg had the worst fimpressions of syd uni today...

ok went to enroll

1. go to carslaw building fill in some inane survey and get a photo taken
2. told to go to the link building to fill in enrollment forms and hecs-help etc
3. get to engineering place (other side of city road) see signs everywhere engineering enrollment poiting to pnr building and none to link building
4. go up stairs to pnr buidling...more signs engineering enrollment here
5. walk inside the room...no sign of anything remotely related to engineering, only stage 2 (ie handing in forms and paying)
6. go back down stairs
7. walk to link building finally find office
8. spk to someone who tells me he can't help me and i have to call some dr. on a phone which is "on the side of the rose st bulding down the little stairs then down the big stairs"
9. blink twice
10. a brief discussion, then i leave to find the rose st building phone
11. cirumnavigate the building then find the phone at the front door
12. call the extn and go through tot he university switchboard which can;t help me
13. they put me through to an answering machine
14. a random guy appears out of nowhere and asks if we need help
15. he goes to find the dr, come back and tells us the doctor is out for lunch and to come back in half an hour
16. we walk back to the link building office to ask them if the dr. can call us wen he is in so we don;t come back and find out he is gone
17. some lady walks out from another room and says "oh r u the eng law guy"
18 "yes"
19. we rang the law faculty to tell them that combined engineering law ppl can;t enroll today they have to come tommorow
20. can't i spk to the dr guy
21 he is not in today
22 umm...ok...thanks for notifying us
22a. (felt like telling her i flew here from adelaide)
23i ask the lady iuf there is anyway i can get subject codes to fill in my enrollment form
24. no...u have to spk to this dr guy...come back tommorow
25. go back to pnr building where engineering enrollments are and ask the lady at the desk if there is anyway to get subejct codes
26. no
27 can i at least do something to make my enrollment tommorow quicker, pay, student card, ANYTHING
28. no
29. ok thanks
30. sorry
31. not your fault...bye
32. drive home for an hour.

GO SYDNEY UNI
Oh man that is fucked :-/

Lainee

HSC
LMAO Can't be too many people doing Engineering/Law. I think I saw you (or heard you rather) in Carslaw while I had my head down filling out forms. :lol:

I really started to envy UNSW after 4hrs of following the coloured tape and waiting in lines. And it was less social then I thought, I just talked to people I was in the lines with but they had parents with them so I felt pretty weird. I dunno, I guess I expected some kind of lecture theatre where we're given an intro and some detailed instructions. :confused:

04er

HSC
Lainee said:
LOL how long did it take you?
Enrolment for me was 3 hrs.... guess it could've been worse (after reading about the excruciating engineering ordeal :p) Did anyone buy their books for Commerce yet? I only have the Law ones... :confused:

Lainee

HSC
Nope, I forgot all about textbooks for Commerce. I'm hoping to get some off a friend of mine, but he's 3rd year so I'm not sure if he still has them around.

muju

HSC
gay enrolment

haha i totally agree
i got off a plane in the morning and went straight there.. soo not in the mood to wait for hours and i think it was step 3? where i stood in a line for more than an hour..
piiissed off

anyway hey to all the law people

Class of '04
Commerce/Law at Usyd

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
finally enrolled today
took like 4 hours again

cbf telling another whole story

but the abridged version is...
eng/law just fuks up their whole system
the computer was screwed, it wouldn't let them enroll me they had to call ppl, then they enrolled me but it wouldn't accept my subjects
then finally the acting dean, the manager and 3 of the lecturers teamed up and worked out how to get me into the system

go the engineers :)

moral.. don't do eng/law

plus they have one long line for everyone doing engineering...
then u finally get inside and lots of ppl are queued up for flexible first yr and civil and all the space guys are sitting their talking to no one

FUK PUBLIC SYSTEMS ARE STUPID

04er

HSC
is anyone able to access the assignment? This is the message I get when I try to login:

WWW Authentication and Session Management Service

User Access Authorisation Failed!

Session validation failed : Sorry, but you have no units of study on this WebCT system.
:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)