So who else thinks we got slid a 2 unit paper? (2 Viewers)

mandathepanda

HSC
yeah am kinda disappointed General Maths had to end this way..loved multiple choice but as for the rest....some were horrible

HSC
the paper ws so hard.. i don't think i even passed i was expecting about 75-80 now i think i will be lucky to get 50.. damn BOS

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Okay - i KNOW i do 4U maths, and it may seem like i'm tryin to bag uguys out, but honestly im not

i respect that u guys are doin general maths, which is better than no maths at all

i just glanced over the paper just then, did a couple of the Q's etc

my Q is - to someone who has done the past 6-10 years of HSC papers, was this years really that hard???

please dont answer if u went in doin nothing, because of course ur gonna find it pretty hard, but i just want an average answer from someone who prepared well

as for:
want2bdifferent said:
the paper ws so hard.. i don't think i even passed i was expecting about 75-80 now i think i will be lucky to get 50.. damn BOS
now from wat i heard, yes it was hard, but i'm being honest, and im not tryin to be derogetry in ANY WAY, but if i sat that paper in year 10 i rekon i coulda got at least 40 (in fact id probs get more than i would now, as ive forgotten stuff like 'positively skewed')

so i'm pretty sure u passed - 16 in MC and 50/78 in the rest im sure u can get, even if u stuffed up/didnt answer some Q's

keep ur heads up - ull be surprised when u get ur results, its happened 2 me before in all my courses

Have faith in the system - if u foudn it hard, everyone found it hard, they lower their standards for band 6

its not amatter of '92 will get u a band 6' or 'this syr was hard - 88 will get us a band 6' - it depends on HOW WELL PEOPLE DO - they like to give the same % of candidates band 6's every year, so if 8% is thir magic number, no matter wat the amrks were, if teh top mark was 94 or wat not, theyll make the band 6 cutoff os that 8% of teh ocurse gets a band 6

etc

so whether the test was ahrd or not WILL NOT IN ITSELF ANY WAY affect ur mark in any way, its how u compared with others

kepp ur chins up
Its ova - never again will u ahve 2 use simpson's rule!!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Got my friend from school to do 28 c ii.

took him like a whole page to get the answer.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
Okay - i KNOW i do 4U maths, and it may seem like i'm tryin to bag uguys out, but honestly im not

i respect that u guys are doin general maths, which is better than no maths at all

my Q is - to someone who has done the past 6-10 years of HSC papers, was this years really that hard???

please dont answer if u went in doin nothing, because of course ur gonna find it pretty hard, but i just want an average answer from someone who prepared well

as for:

now from wat i heard, yes it was hard, but i'm being honest, and im not tryin to be derogetry in ANY WAY, but if i sat that paper in year 10 i rekon i coulda got at least 40 (in fact id probs get more than i would now, as ive forgotten stuff like 'positively skewed')

so i'm pretty sure u passed - 16 in MC and 50/78 in the rest im sure u can get, even if u stuffed up/didnt answer some Q's

keep ur heads up - ull be surprised when u get ur results, its happened 2 me before in all my courses

Have faith in the system - if u foudn it hard, everyone found it hard, they lower their standards for band 6

its not amatter of '92 will get u a band 6' or 'this syr was hard - 88 will get us a band 6' - it depends on HOW WELL PEOPLE DO - they like to give the same % of candidates band 6's every year, so if 8% is thir magic number, no matter wat the amrks were, if teh top mark was 94 or wat not, theyll make the band 6 cutoff os that 8% of teh ocurse gets a band 6

etc

so whether the test was ahrd or not WILL NOT IN ITSELF ANY WAY affect ur mark in any way, its how u compared with others

kepp ur chins up

yo man.
I did every past paper from 2001-2007, lowest mark 81 highest 92 averaging around 85...that paper today was really hard.

For general anyway.

but i liked your post.

silverfiction

HSC
Pwnage101 said:

as for:

etc

kepp ur chins up

man i didnt even attempt that simpsons rule crap.

at yes it was really hard.

my school based assessment is 90+ and i found it extremely hard and believe myself to get around 60% (if im lucky)

i didnt attempt questions that wouldve made me loose 22 marks already.

this test was a joke, literally.

to ppl that do general it was very very hard.

HENCE, why i made this topic.

:(

HSC
i am so glad i am not alone... did anyone leave early.. i finished what i could at 12 (our school started half an hour late) and then i looked over the questions i was not sure about and i still did not get them, and i confused myself even more so i left.. i never thought i would leave early

silverfiction

HSC
want2bdifferent said:
i am so glad i am not alone... did anyone leave early.. i finished what i could at 12 (our school started half an hour late) and then i looked over the questions i was not sure about and i still did not get them, and i confused myself even more so i left.. i never thought i would leave early
lol yea i gave up in the last ten minutes.

just impossible to work out.

we cant leave the hall till all our papers r collected :angry:

HSC
yeah well i think the supervisor forgot the papers or something so we had to start at 10.. i am so not going to meet my conditional offer conditions

Jaskkes

HSC
Serious?

maybe its just me, but all general papers seem really easy. The only questions I get wrong are usually the crapply worded ones, which in this exam was excluding time zones, which i forgot about. And financial expection, which i got in the end.

Im guessing around 93 - 95%

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Pwnage101 said:

as for:

etc

kepp ur chins up

dont think that parts true...last year they went on as being the smartest group because so many people got band 6's....

lhewitt1

HSC
Pwnage101 said:

as for:

etc

kepp ur chins up

yo dude...
i did all the practice exams from 2001-2007 and got an average of about 87-90
when i marked the exam from the answers someone posted in another forum i got a minimum of 80% cos i deducted a few marks for leverage...

but i thought the exam was harder than all the other past papers i did
so yepp.

nice post though, i'm keeping my chin up =]

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lhewitt1 , cheers for the heads up, looks like MX2 and MX1 is gonna be a slaughterhouse then

and risole91

yeh, well im makin a generalisation that teh cohort's abilities are the same ie if the 08 and 09 cohort are same in strnegth, but 08 gets a harder test, it wont make a difference whether that person did it in 08 or 09

ie yeh if there is a 'smart' year, of course more ppl will get band 6's, but thats not becauuse they get all 92+, its because alot of them happen to get in a mark range, say 87+, that they say is a band 6

and i say they TRY to keep a consistent %, but some years they do change slightly, my point was THEY KNOW how much harder/easier it wasthan last year, etc so they will give ppl whod eserve a band 6 accordingly

that is, a student with the same ability in every year will get the same mark, whethr year was smart or not, or whether the test was easy or not

so a person who gets a 92 this year is deemed to have achiever the same level of understanding/performance as a 92 last year

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
lhewitt1 , cheers for the heads up, looks like MX2 and MX1 is gonna be a slaughterhouse then

and risole91

yeh, well im makin a generalisation that teh cohort's abilities are the same ie if the 08 and 09 cohort are same in strnegth, but 08 gets a harder test, it wont make a difference whether that person did it in 08 or 09

ie yeh if there is a 'smart' year, of course more ppl will get band 6's, but thats not becauuse they get all 92+, its because alot of them happen to get in a mark range, say 87+, that they say is a band 6

and i say they TRY to keep a consistent %, but some years they do change slightly, my point was THEY KNOW how much harder/easier it wasthan last year, etc so they will give ppl whod eserve a band 6 accordingly

that is, a student with the same ability in every year will get the same mark, whethr year was smart or not, or whether the test was easy or not

so a person who gets a 92 this year is deemed to have achiever the same level of understanding/performance as a 92 last year
ahhh ok, cheers man.
if i get a band 6 ill buy you premium!lol.

lhewitt1

HSC
Pwnage101 said:

and risole91

no problem mate...
good luck with your exams. from the sounds of things, you'll be fine with maths.

silverfiction

HSC
well one of my friends told me he read in some article about how the 2007 paper was easy (yeah it was kinda)

and that the BOS were going to take it up a level and make it a lot harder for 2008

guess they were right.

man... of all years they choose us.

:ninja:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)