• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So Who here is and/or trying to lose weight? (1 Viewer)

Weight Loss

• Yes i'm a girl

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Yes i'm a guy

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • No i'm a girl

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • No i'm a guy

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • and it's working

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • and it's not working

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • i did and it worked

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • never tried too

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
jm01 said:
I don't think losing MASS (yes, I love Physics) is advisable whilst you are still growing, as it can stunt your growth if it isn't done properly. I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.

Of course, there are ways to do it without harming your body, and of course the first thing is eating healthy food and regular (not excessive) exercise. But if you start skipping meals, eating less, and then proceed on doing hours of weights every night, then there will be issues.

Oh, if you want to lose weight, go to the moon or something (alright, I'll stop with my Physics jokes).
:rofl: Wouldn't it be funny to randomly go up to someone and start talking about "losing mass"?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
im not overweight, but im unfit.
my arms got really sore after a 5 min boxing session on wii lol.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
black_kat_meow said:
jm01 said:
I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.
quote]

THis doesn't sound right. The numbers of OVERWEIGHT teens are growing.

My class this year was disgusting. I was supposed to finish the HSC in 2007, but went on exchange for a year, and my class went from normal weight to this year's class all being like 20kg over, lol. Don't know what the hell happened.
Lol, there various problems with the food were eating. For example in order to produce longer shelf lives and to cater for our growing population fruits and vegetables are picked before ripen, artificially ripen and chemically treated and thus a lot of vital nutrients diminish. With more and more commercial food processing, the food we eat are exposed to a large amount of heat, light, and changes in temperature which again kills off vital nutrition. But mainly because we live in a wealthy country, we have access to a large variety of foods, making us extremely picky in what we eat. If we try to eat healthy, we prepare in a way that adds a lot calories or things which we don’t necessary as much of, such as sodium. If you look in restaurants, the proportion size of food are getting bigger and bigger.

I think though that its all attributed to the fact that more people are becoming fat, and consequently we have the mental attitude that it’s acceptable. With businesses trying to capitalize on this obesity and health problem, there has been a large influx of gyms, healthier choices in menus and more and more health related stores and products. Hence people are becoming more comfortable with their lifestyles, knowing that they have the resources, and thus can change their life whenever they choose to. Although, we all know that is full of shit.

Imo.

FFS, even the smallest size in clothing is massive.

jm01 said:
I don't think losing MASS (yes, I love Physics) is advisable whilst you are still growing, as it can stunt your growth if it isn't done properly. I read on SMH recently that something like 30% (IIRC) of teenagers are unnormally underweight, and this figure keeps increasing.

Of course, there are ways to do it without harming your body, and of course the first thing is eating healthy food and regular (not excessive) exercise. But if you start skipping meals, eating less, and then proceed on doing hours of weights every night, then there will be issues.

Oh, if you want to lose weight, go to the moon or something (alright, I'll stop with my Physics jokes).
Mass and fat are two different things. Mass in the sense of muscle is vital for our immune system and keeping fat off. Fat is fat, we shouldn't have large amounts of it, as it can develop chronic diseases in the future. Although, with people being so concerned with the number of the scale, they're willing to try anything that sounds rational to reduce it. For example, starvation will reduce your muscle mass, as it has nothing to burn for energy. Hence, why the number goes down and they gain it all back after eating again.

Last edited:

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
You know what makes me mad? When bigger women say they're proud because they're "real women." What, because I'm a size 10, I'm not a real woman? I still have curves anyway if they're going by that.

But the funny thing is all these women complain that men objectify them, then they identity themselves and their gender by purely physical attributes.

Sorry, it just pisses me off; my mum and I had a fight about it yesterday, lol (but she's overweight, so I can't win that.)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
hollyy. said:
im not overweight, but im unfit.
my arms got really sore after a 5 min boxing session on wii lol.
Ditto.

According to the BMI calculator, I'm pretty much at the dead center/average...yet I hardly exercise at all, apart from walking to places/compulsory school sport.

Nat3skiz

HSC
pwoh said:
Ditto.

According to the BMI calculator, I'm pretty much at the dead center/average...yet I hardly exercise at all, apart from walking to places/compulsory school sport.
BMI is shit don't bother with it.

Pace_T

HSC
my bmi says im overweight but im far from it.
stupid thing.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
jessi90 said:
doing food tech isn't helping (OP)
actually it does cause i learnt more why i choose foods, how the food works and what t does and it has been very benefical for me.

good luck to everyone who is losing wieght or just trying in to be healhtier in general

yeah i'm just eating healthy and regular exercise, but what pisses me off is some people say that ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i need to lose weight and they are like super skinny

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok....i lost about 8kg since yesterday. doing well

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha I accidentally lost 3 kilos the other week. I've only put one back on. Need to fix that.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lols i hate it when your weight flucuates.

even worse is when it won't come off at the moment i cannot get it off, lols it sucks

stazi

Nightman
HSC
scarybunny said:
Haha I accidentally lost 3 kilos the other week. I've only put one back on. Need to fix that.
...that's like 10% of your body weight.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how do you accidentally become a fat, annoying shit on bos?

akataylor

HSC
N/A
I need to put on weight.

5' 10" and 59 kilos.

Not as bad as my brother

6' and 54 kilos.

He's a stick. And you know what's worse? He's younger than me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)