So who is doing a bachelor of design commencing in 2006?? (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
hot_chilli87 said:
Hi!! Im doing a bachelor of Design in Interior Design.. Anyone else doing that?? :)
me.
it was my first pref, but as im reading thru the handbookand all it seems like unsw industrial design is better for moi...

anyone who is doing interior design or industrial design at uts?? tell us alll!!! really need help!

hot_chilli87

HSC
O ohk cool! So have you accepted the course or are you changing yor preferences around? If u have accepted are you going to the enrollment day on Feb 7th??

cool_cougar

HSC
N/A
hay dude's and dudette's..

i've just found your discussion, so i thought i'd throw a reply into the mix of things (and i wanted to say hey to my new class mate for 2006, 'mg_syd').

Just on what (^0^) was saying abt comparing uni's for the design fac. --- I'm not sure abt courses such as graphic and textiles, but for industrial design it basically comes down to maths. Industrial design at UNSW is a wicked course, but it is heavily focused on maths and physics (more so then other uni's); compared to UTS which of course does have maths/physics but is slightly more focused on the aesthetics of design. The thing is people keep over looking the University of Canberra which has become well known for producing some damn talented students and can possibly become the No. 1 university for industrial design in the years to come (esp. now since both UTS and UNSW have boosted their student intake) - the thing holding canberra back would be their ridged course structure (esp. with them not having an individual concept-based final project).

i hope i've been a little helpful, its just that my brother completed industrial design at UNSW a couple of years ago, so he helped me on deciding the university.

Cheers, and congrats on your offers =)

P.S---- if i can warn ppl to just keep away from the Uni of Newcastle for industrial.. if its not for the uni's poor focus on such things as computer rendering... let it be for the fact that the degree is now or will be a TAFE course lol.

mg_syd

HSC
lols wow, man i shud of talked to you about choosing my industrial design course like I kinda have an idea of what your saying. I Basically choose uts because it was easier to get to for me and it seemed to be more competitive to get into then unsw, but it turns out the uai was higher for unsw this year.

Another thing is that industrial design at unsw has a marketing concept as well, whereas uts is far more conceptual orientated hehe.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Wow thanks heaps hot_cougar! Great 1st post! So according to ur brother the uts course would be better?

also what course r u doing in 06? :)

xxchamchixx

HSC
Wow, there are so many people doing industrial design! o_O Anyone doing Visual Communication? If so I'll see you there ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)