so... who's finished? (1 Viewer)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
our report is like an essay questions, we have to talk about the texts that influenced us, concentrating on a major one. Its only 1000-1500 words though, not a lot of room to talk bout much
--that would be so difficult to write effectively; our report has a limit of 2000 words, and even that seems somewhat ridiculous.

Although, the R.S is only 1500 words, so I suppose you will be better prepared for it / defining, redefining etcetera.

rhinoivory

So basically, the report is asking us to look at a text as follows:

I used x, I got this from x, this is seen in my short story as operating through...........???????

Am I missing the point, or am I missing the point?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
"How has your independent investigation of texts impacted on the development of your major work? In your answer, refer to a range of texts but focus in particluar on the one text which has been most useful or influential"

Thats my question its due first day back andIm planning on doing it today.
And yeah I agree 1500 words is ridiculous but hey, it means I don't have to write much. I think its actually more cos the teacher can't be bothered marking much.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Just from memory by the time I finished my actual major work I was writing everything in the third person + using absurd metaphors.

I generally used the reflection statement to emphasise my postmodernism.. I guess it worked

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
haha yeah, some of my metaphors have become quite absurd, and are getting worse on each re-write.

The horror.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by anti

I generally used the reflection statement to emphasise my postmodernism.. I guess it worked
yeah thats what i'm planning on doing.. our teacher keeps telling us, basically, that the reflection statement is the key to success...

how did you go, if you dont mind me asking..?

Leap

free falling
HSC
our teacher keeps telling us, basically, that the reflection statement is the key to success...
yeah thats exactly what my teacher says as well. Its like she doesn't even care what we write so long as the reflection statement is good...
I can't believe people have finished, I haven't done the Viva yet, or the report and I've done about 45% of the actual writing.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
DON'T LEAVE YOUR REFLECTION STATEMENT TO THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!

Do it while everything is still fresh in your mind - or at least make lots of points while it's still fresh. That's something I wish I had done... although my RS was brilliant when I finished it (I did it at 4am or something, utterly drained.. perfect for postmodern creativity).

I got 49. I'm still annoyed about where I lost that mark :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Nope, I think you have to get 50.

Besides, there's a lot of political shuffling about the showcase (similar to art express and onStage and stuff like that) - they're obliged to include people from all community, cultural, social areas etc. I don't mind, I don't think my major work was all that great :)

lizzy1004

HSC
god....... i thought da report was da reflection statement+_+ l'm dead..........

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Our teacher said you could use a lot of the stuff you write in your report as parts of your reflection statement

rhinoivory

I agree, I just finished my report 5 minutes ago, and I must admit, it looks like its going to be a cut and paste job when it comes to reflection statement time, especially in certain areas of my report.....

Basically, with trials and study coming up, I've got 1 week to finish off E.E2...yay, lol

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, 'cause the BOS doesn't get a markable hand on your report.... chop chop paste paste :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Same, I finished my report last week (when I was actually doing my planned school work for the hols, rather than bludging like I am now!), and it's going to be oh so very cut and paste for my reflection statement!!!!

Leanne

HSC
hey all!!

Well I'm finished too!!!!! Ahh!! I spent most of the first week of the holidays on it- and I finally completed the last words the other day! Mind you, now I'm getting people to edit it, and I have to re-write some parts.... so i donb't think that it will ever be truely finished!

Good luck to the rest of u! U will make it I'm sure!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm now suffering majorly from writers block.... does anyone know any drugs that cure that terrible disease?

Perhaps laudinum... worked for Coleridge....

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
sugar. Lots of sugar, and late nights.

Does wonders for your writing but tends to break your immune system :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)