So whos starting Law @ UTS? (1 Viewer)

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Darn, checked out the Law faculty and Library at UTS the other day and it feels sooo creepy, looks cool and really modern though but I feel sooo uncomfortable how it will be a way of life for me one day but I don't know anything nor anybody thats doing Law there, just hope I can get over it as quickly as possible. Still Law Faculty looks so much better than other uni places I've been to.

Anyways I want to start this thread coz I want to know whos starting Law and have a chance to get to know you guys before uni actually starts. I hate to start uni, being outcasted because my friends are at different unis and not knowing nobody there + not to mention my antisocialness which will make it hard to meet ppl. :) :)

So yeah whos starting Law at UTS this year? Maybe we can get to know each other and perhaps meet up at Orientation Camp. :wave:

HSC
Hey! I'm doing Social Inquiry/Law....so I won't see you in class until Sem 2, but yeah. Do we get an Orientation Camp?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
have you guys got your orientation camp materials yet? coz i dun think we have even organised it fully for you guys yet :p

so far, it will be from Feb 16 - 18 at a mysterious location ;) dry camp, sorry kids.

smallcattle

HSC
azn_spirit said:
Darn, checked out the Law faculty and Library at UTS the other day and it feels sooo creepy, looks cool and really modern though but I feel sooo uncomfortable how it will be a way of life for me one day but I don't know anything nor anybody thats doing Law there, just hope I can get over it as quickly as possible. Still Law Faculty looks so much better than other uni places I've been to.

Anyways I want to start this thread coz I want to know whos starting Law and have a chance to get to know you guys before uni actually starts. I hate to start uni, being outcasted because my friends are at different unis and not knowing nobody there + not to mention my antisocialness which will make it hard to meet ppl. :) :)

So yeah whos starting Law at UTS this year? Maybe we can get to know each other and perhaps meet up at Orientation Camp. :wave:
hey.. your're from st mary's.. do u know kevin kye?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Frigid said:
have you guys got your orientation camp materials yet? coz i dun think we have even organised it fully for you guys yet :p

so far, it will be from Feb 16 - 18 at a mysterious location ;) dry camp, sorry kids.
Happens to be the same mysterious location as the IT camp (well it usually is anyways) :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jasee said:
Happens to be the same mysterious location as the IT camp (well it usually is anyways) :p
after much campaigning, it will be NO MORE my friend (yay!) :D

no more ants under my bed
no more creepy-crawlies in the shower
no more separate cabins with the girls (ok i'm jking with this one) :p

but also, the best thing about this year's camp is we're NEVER EVER inviting Rodriego from Engineering to nazi us ever agin :cool:

amyxx

heya , yep ill be starting public communications/ law in 2006 because ive deferred for a year, im really excited!
xx

Seabiscuit

HSC
I'm doing Business/law!

Did anyoen else get that letter saying that to enrol in UTS Law in 2005 i have to go the the LAw website? because i went there but i cant find anything. :S

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Frigid said:
after much campaigning, it will be NO MORE my friend (yay!) :D

no more ants under my bed
no more creepy-crawlies in the shower
no more separate cabins with the girls (ok i'm jking with this one) :p

but also, the best thing about this year's camp is we're NEVER EVER inviting Rodriego from Engineering to nazi us ever agin :cool:

They have renovated the place you know! We tried finding a new place, but didn't get much time to. We can easily change the place as long as we find a new one.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Well I guess thats prb the only "cool" thing about UTS =P I don't think the other unis have a camp and I guess with this majorly boring 3-months holidays I've been having, it'll be nice change. Just what stuff will we exactly be doing at this camp?? Aiya...I'm sooo eager. I know! Just knowing that in about 3 weeks ill be at camp with a bunch of other ppl doing law is really cool :p Blah!

Btw ...is anybody doing B Med Science/ B laws?? I having that awful feeling that not alot of ppl will be doing it..seeing how unpractical it is..most ppl i think just want to be a straight out lawyer.

Anyways ..nupe no kevin kye..theres kevin wong and kevin tieu...not sure whether u mean year 12 ...as for other years i hav no idea at all :p

HSC
Frigid said:

Feb 16-18? But Uni doesn't even start then!!! And I'll be busy on Feb 17...are you SURE its on those days? Because I want to go to both events!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I ask this because the Premier's Award is on that date. And I've already RSVPed and everything. And I think that there would be a few people in the same situation as well. Is the Orientation Camp compulsory/or far away from Sydney? Hm....

Last edited:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
A dry camp?
Was there any choice in the matter or were you not allowed to permit alcohol at this venue by law?

disfcuktional

HSC
hey guys

im also doing law at uts, combining it with international studies. And i too have a foreshadowing that because nobody i know is doing law there, it'll be like starting high school all over again. that isn't to say im dreading it or anything because in time, everything will settle as it should, with friends galore... though if you could choose how to spend the first few weeks of uni, alone or with company, i think i'd prefer the latter.

my friend whose doing economics at unsw is in the same boat (as the majority of us are), but she's shitting her pants. so much that i knew another friend doing the same course and was about to hook them up as convenient-friends-who-remain-"friends"-for-two-weeks-until-nigelation-is-no-longer-a-factor-for-either. sadly, he already has a friend in that course, and my friend later declined my offer, on the basis that both of them were not equally desperate.

does it get any easier? LoL.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Why are you asking if it gets any easier when it hasn't even started yet?
Just relax and see how you are after the first month.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
All of the o-camps are before uni starts. They aren't going to run it during semester. The whole point of them is to orientate you before uni starts :)

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
errm, Frigid do u think it's at all possible that the orientation camp can be postponed just a little, to say after Feb 20? Since it will only be 2 days it won't really matter much right? This is (of course...) due to the fact that if it were to take place any earlier it would clash with many of the events aforementioned and more.
Anyway, only a suggestion, it's ok if the dates have already been finalized.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Also, when are we supposed to be notified about the orientation camp. Im going down to Melbourne until the 26th of Feb for my bday,

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
charlie_charlie said:
Feb 16-18? But Uni doesn't even start then!!! And I'll be busy on Feb 17...are you SURE its on those days? Because I want to go to both events!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I ask this because the Premier's Award is on that date. And I've already RSVPed and everything. And I think that there would be a few people in the same situation as well. Is the Orientation Camp compulsory/or far away from Sydney? Hm....
sorry kids, i double-checked the date with LSS president (Cara) and yes, unfortunately for those of you getting an award, it's a choice between us really cool camp leaders or meeting Mr. Robert Carr :p

the date is non-negotiable bcoz the Faculty set us the date. sorry :(

edit: the camp will be within Sydney metro (so think of all the camping places and you'll probably be right). ;)

you should be sent letters for the camp next week. it's gonna be GREAT :D

soma: dry camp rule is set by the Faculty... they organise and plan the camp, and the LSS helps run it... so we don't have a say unfortunately :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)