Soccer - Good bets!?! (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
Can anyone pick an underdog to win? For example, Greece winning Euro 2004, that was 500:1!

So what people thinking so far with the current competitions?
Is the English Premier League going to go to one of the favourites (Asenal, Chelsea, Man U) or will someone come out on top?
How bout Serie A, the newly promoted teams like Palermo are doing quite well against top team, will the be worth betting for?

I think European Championship would be better to bet on, although it is Home and Away matches, it is knock out, so suprises can occur - FC Porto and Deportivo.

If anyone is quite certain about any matches for soccer games or teams that would top the tables, where the odds are high, it would be interesting to know.

So are the any uncoming bets to place???

bennynoel

No fucking way is there going to be a long odds winner in any of the major leagues, you have to be the best team over 38 games, 36 in Serie A, where as Greece only had to do well for 6 games...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bennynoel said:
No fucking way is there going to be a long odds winner in any of the major leagues, you have to be the best team over 38 games, 36 in Serie A, where as Greece only had to do well for 6 games...
:uhhuh:

thats y they're all at such long odds...makes sense aye

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they had man utd to win EPL at 13pts start for ~$3, or bolton to win EPL with 40 pts start at $4 few weeks ago, they were the best odds ive seen recently anyway

a_person86

HSC
The odds!

Yeah i was thinking that too, with seasons its always the straight out winner, but European CHampionship involves a knock out of Home and Away match, so thats more possible for an underdog to go ahead. So lets take a look at that ---

The teams with odds include:

Real Madrid $10.00
Juventus $8.00
Manchester Utd $11.00
AC Milan $7.00
Inter Milan $10.00
Arsenal $8.00
Bayern Munich $26.00
Chelsea $8.00
Deportivo La Coruna $34.00
Roma $201.00
Valencia $26.00
Barcelona $7.00
Porto $151.00
Ajax $101.00
Celtic $251.00
Liverpool $51.00
Werder Bremen $26.00
Lyon $26.00
Monaco $21.00
PSV Eindhoven $51.00
Bayer Leverkusen $21.00
Olympiakos $61.00
Panathinaikos $126.00
Sparta Prague $501.00
Dynamo Kiev $81.00
PSG $251.00
Anderlecht $501.00
Fenerbache $501.00
Rosenborg $501.00
Shakhtah Donetsk $501.00
Maccabi Tel Avi $1001.00
CSKA Moscow $126.00

The table of their current position in each group are at http://wwiii.sbs.com.au/tables/index.php3?comp=6 so that should help with how their going at the moment. I was considering PSG would make a suprise upset in the competition, Ajax still has a chance to make it back in as well. Unfortunaely i dont have cable so i cant watch each team play and make a judgement, im just going on my soccer knowledge and instinct. What you people think???

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
... said:
put money on barca.. 7bucks is worth it

and u can also put it on juventus too :p
yeah... if u wanna lose ur money..

its not as bad as putting it on Inter tho.. unless you put it on them to not win anything this year ;)

a_person86

HSC
Ive made 2 certain bets so far, which are:

PSV 51:1
Olympiacos 61:1

I like those odds, PSV are the best dutch team atm and going quite well in their European group.

Olympiacos is a little theory i have. This is going to be Greece's season, as Greece won the Euro 2004, and now their best league team will win the Champions League 2004-05, fairy story in the making and predicited here :p

Feedback? Who thinks I have wasted my money, who thinks I have something here and is there anything else i should place?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
a_person86 said:
Ive made 2 certain bets so far, which are:

Olympiacos 61:1

I like those odds, PSV are the best dutch team atm and going quite well in their European group.

Olympiacos is a little theory i have. This is going to be Greece's season, as Greece won the Euro 2004, and now their best league team will win the Champions League 2004-05, fairy story in the making and predicited here :p

Feedback? Who thinks I have wasted my money, who thinks I have something here and is there anything else i should place?
Yup you've wasted yo money.
I can't see PSV beatin any one of the big clubs in Europe.
Olympiakos, nah. Not even with Rivaldo. (He's playin there right..?)

a_person86

HSC
Rivaldo playing for Olympaikos, lmao!

There goes the value of your opinion!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
a_person86 said:
Rivaldo playing for Olympaikos, lmao!

There goes the value of your opinion!
Rivaldo is playing for Olympiakos actually, there goes the value of your opinion.

I'd say the best way to go would be to put $20 on Milan and on Barca. They're the best teams by far atm. It's a shame Dacourt will be cup tied, seeing as he's going to Barca in Jan probably. If he wasn't I'd pick Barca for sure.

I'd say putting a couple of bucks on Liverpool at $51 isn't too bad. Safer bet than PSV or Olympiakos anyhow (I know they lost to Olympiakos in the away fixture, but watch us pound them into the ground at home). Otherwise I'd say Valencia is also pretty damn good value at $26, despite the fact that I think Ranieri will be their downfall.

^___^
HSC
reynaldo said:
yeah... if u wanna lose ur money..

its not as bad as putting it on Inter tho.. unless you put it on them to not win anything this year ;)

Juventus have a better chance in the league/CL than Milan :p

a_person86

HSC
How long ago did Rivaldo transfer from AC Milan??? Fuk all these changes, i never keep up with em' :p

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
... said:
Juventus have a better chance in the league/CL than Milan :p
I doubt it :p

a_person86 said:
How long ago did Rivaldo transfer from AC Milan??? Fuk all these changes, i never keep up with em' :p
Yonks ago, sometime last year after an extended 'will he or won't he go' saga. He then went to Cruzeiro for a couple of weeks before deciding that they were beneath him... which is why he's now at Olympiakos :rolleyes:

eyebrowman

HSC
rivaldo went to some brzilian teama fter milan didnt he..santa cruz or whatever

and go juve..
i try not to bet at tab no more..cause everytime i place money i get it wrong, and everytime i dont place a bet..i get all predictions right
pisses me off

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
You can actually go down to the TAB and place bets on the Premiership excluding Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.

I think Liverpool were like 5.50 and Everton,Bolton and Spurs were next at 9 so one of those might eb well worth a 50 or so now.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
out of those champions league odds, valencia, depor and bayern are prolly the better higher odds (relatively) , even then they are pretty unlikely to win - u'd be better off betting on some of the teams with single digit odds(or close to anyway), which is till pretty good compared to all the league ones...

a_person86

HSC
I was thinking:
Olympiakos 61:1
Dynamo Kiev 81:1

Im a bloke trying to pick the long shot, its pretty obvious that most of you prefer the safer bet, with less return... im greedy, and i reli wanna have something to look forward to if they win, 500 bux much better than 80 or so, but everyone still disagrees, no underdogs will win this one?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
olympiakos and dynamo will struggle to qualify for second round, let alone winning the cup, liverpool is also 51:1 and would prolly be a better bet, and thats not saying much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)