• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Bah, it's the Sun again. I wouldn't believe it. Only Chelsea would be able to afford him anyway.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Beckhamz 125,000/week contract, unbelievable.
He generates so much revenue for Real Madrid that I'd say he's worth every cent. Possibly even being paid under his true market value.

Sunday People said:
* Ashley Cole claims he never had any intention of signing for Chelsea - and would not even have contemplated moving to another Premiership club.
Bahahahahaha. Why meet them in the first place Ash? :rolleyes:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Considering that they were not so long ago linked with Cudicini, Frey, Toldo and even Buffon , I think Van Der Sar will be a letdown for a lot of Utd fans out there. Furthermore as you said, he's getting along and won't be a long term solution.

Meanwhile I've been getting a bit depressed by all this talk of Crouch, so I went to Redcafe to find some laughs, but instead I find this nice comment by Torres. I didn't really rate him before, but flattery can get you anywhere :D

Torres: "Many congratulations, and thank you for making football such a spectacular game”
Fernando Torres said:
After sharing the excitement like one of so many fans with the great Champions league final, I would like to send my congratulations to Liverpool Football Club for winning their fifth European Cup, and specially to all those Spanish professionals that have contributed to this great victory. Both to the coaching staff: Rafa Ben*tez, Paco Herrera, José Manuel Ochotorena, Paco Ayestarán; and also to the players: Luis Garc*a, for taking the red and white colours so high, to Xabi Alonso, whom I hope to see soon in the National Team, to Antonio Núñez, a friend in the great family of Bah*a, to Josemi and Morientes. To all of you CONGRATULATIONS, and thank you for making football such spectacular game".[/Quote

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Fwoa van der sar, that will be interesting. I guess fergie doesnt think Howard is upto it yet, it might even be a good idea having him nurtured behind van der sar.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Considering that they were not so long ago linked with Cudicini, Frey, Toldo and even Buffon , I think Van Der Sar will be a letdown for a lot of Utd fans out there.

Yeah, I think that Van Der Sar is a bit of a letdown...but he has to be better than Carroll :) .

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
oh well you cant get worse than massimo taibi thats all i can say.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Who's been a naughty boy then?

SEX PEST ROONEY

Jun 5 2005

HE GRABS GIRL'S BUM IN CLUB SHAME SADLY FOR HIM.. SHE'S OUR REPORTER

By Ben Todd And Danielle Lawler

SLEAZY soccer star Wayne Rooney was at the centre of a nightclub bust-up after groping a girl's bum.

The England ace made a lewd play for Danielle Lawler, grabbing her bottom in front of revellers.

But the fumbled pass spectacularly backfired when her boyfriend Stuart chased him into the toilets.

He yelled at the striker: "Wayne, I respect you as a footballer but please don't pinch my girlfriend's backside."

And unluckily for Rooney, fellow Scouser Danielle is a reporter for the Sunday Mirror - the paper that last year exposed his sordid brothel romp with a 48-year-old prostitute nicknamed The Auld Slapper.

Stinking of drink and slurring his words, the £27m Man Utd star forgot all about wife-to-be Coleen McLaughlin as he disgraced himself at Manchester nightspot One Central Street.

Danielle said: "He clearly has no respect for women. It was disgusting. He just felt my backside and then grabbed it in his hand. And he could see my boyfriend next to me. Who the hell does he think he is?"

We can also reveal how the £27million footballer:
# Chatted intimately for hours with a pretty blonde admirer in a secluded corner before exchanging numbers
# Stumbled drunkenly about the club randomly wrapping his arm around any woman he could.
# Lapped up the attention and agreed to pose for pictures with beautiful admirers
# Smoked a cigarette in front of amazed onlookers despite the strict fitness demands on a Premiership footballer.

While Rooney partied into the early hours last Sunday, David Beckham and Michael Owen were on their way to the US to join their England teammates.

Man Utd coach Alex Ferguson said Rooney didn't have to go because he needed a "rest".

With long-suffering fiancee Coleen nowhere in sight, 19-year-old Roo downed expensive champagne with pals in a dark corner of the basement club. And as the booze flowed, it wasn't long before he started misbehaving. Danielle, 26, the Sunday Mirror's TV Reporter, was chatting to Stuart near the club's toilets when Rooney scored his own goal at 1.30am.

"As Wayne walked past me, I felt my bottom being groped," she said. "I was stunned, He thought he was being clever - even though he was acting more like a sex pest.

"He even had the gall to look back and laugh at my stunned expression when his minder pushed him into the toilets.

"I was furious. He used his whole hand to grab my backside quite hard."

Shocked by Rooney's actions, Danielle's partner Stuart, also 26, followed Rooney into the gents. In a tense confrontation, Stuart told hardman Rooney to back off.

The footie ace mumbled: "Whatever." Then he quickly called over a minder who told Stuart: "Let him put his d*** away, mate. Leave him alone."

The smirking footballer then rejoined four male pals at a table.

Stuart said: "Rooney's fame has gone to his head. His arrogance was unbelievable. He swanned around like he owned the place and thought he could do whatever he liked. He might only be a young lad but that isn't an excuse for being disrespectful.

"I didn't want to cause an argument or have a fight. If he had touched up someone else's girlfriend I doubt they would have been as laid-back as me."

Stuart warned: "Wayne needs to learn some manners and stop looking for trouble."

Earlier, Rooney strutted around the bar lapping up attention as 200 revellers milled around. One onlooker said: "Rooney loved being the centre of attention. He was wrapping his arms around girls and shaking men's hands.

"People were whipping out their mobile camera phones and posing with him."

By 1am, Roo was looking worse for wear. In the cramped communal restroom, he chatted to a gorgeous brunette and grabbed her around the waist as they walked back to the bar.

A clubber said: "I could see him whispering in her ear and she introduced him to her tall blonde friend.

"He posed for a photograph with his arms round the two women and cheekily looked down the blonde's plunging white top. Then he led the girls over to his table."

He beckoned for the tall blonde woman - in her early 20s - to sit next to him on the couch. Then he leaned intimately towards her, chatting and giggling - while more £45 bottles of champagne were ordered.

"At one point, Rooney lit the blonde's cigarette and accepted one himself. I couldn't believe Wayne Rooney was smoking!" added the clubber.

"People were shocked to see a player who earns £50,000 a week puffing on a fag. It didn't seem right."

Twenty minutes later ANOTHER brunette in her 20s waltzed over, sat on a minder's lap and chatted to the player.

But the aide reminded Roo it was almost 2am and called his chauffeur to take him away.

Wayne, however, appeared to have time to exchange phone numbers with the blonde before he left...

WONDER BOY'S LOST THE PLOT
By Lara Gould

ROONEY has found himself in constant trouble for his bad behaviour since bursting on to the football scene as a teenage prodigy with Everton.

Most notoriously, the Sunday Mirror told the world how Wayne had paid prostitutes for sex.

First we told how the striker, who made his debut for the Merseyside club as a 16-year-old, gave call-girl Charlotte Glover £140 for her sexual services... and left her a "thank you" note too.

In a second sensational expose, Rooney admitted to the Sunday Mirror he'd been a regular at a Liverpool brothel - after he was caught on camera.

Among the prostitutes he saw at the sex den were a mother-of-six dressed like a cowgirl and he also enjoyed liasons with a 48-year-old granny known as "The Auld Slapper", who liked to wear a rubber catsuit for sex.

Rooney was forced into a public apology, saying: "Foolish as it now seems I did on occasions visit massage parlours and prostitutes.

"It was at a time when I was very young and immature and before I had settled down with Coleen. I now regret it deeply."

But his bad behaviour has continued to blight both his personal and professional life. The hot-headed footballer was involved in a family punch-up at fiancee Coleen's 18th birthday party last year.

Police were called to the bash at the Devonshire House Hotel in Liverpool after family members clashed when the bar closed.

Later, was substitued before half-time by England boss Sven Goran Eriksson in a match against Spain amid fears that he was "losing the plot".

Then in February he caused a new storm of controversy when he hurled more than 100 swear words at a referee during a Premiership battle against Arsenal.

In April, he was accused of slapping Coleen in a night club - although he strongly denied it.

The English Schools' Football Association and sponsors Coca-Cola dropped Rooney as a VIP guest, saying he was "not a suitable role model".

Wonder how Fergie feels now. Smoking durries at a club and hitting on random slappers. How proffesional.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Paragon said:
As far as targetting GKs within the EPL goes, the likes of Given or van der Sar would be quite reasonable. I'd still like to see Toldo or Canizares come in.
I should've been more careful when I said that. In hindsight it is a bit of a let down considering there are other options out there, Toldo/Canizares et al. I've wanted EvdS at OT much more in the past than now. Anyway, like copious and matt#1 pointed out, beats having Tiabi or Carroll between the sticks.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
True that Van der Sar is much better than Carroll, although isn't really a good buy. Long term, he won't be around much longer.

Rooney is a disgrace.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm come to think of it didnt jens lehman goto the gunners at a similiar age?

Crazy Horse

HSC
Rooney needs to be slapped as well as have his ego crushed but the boyfriend - He yelled at the striker: "Wayne, I respect you as a footballer but please don't pinch my girlfriend's backside." What's with that? Thats pathetic.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Rooney needs to be slapped as well as have his ego crushed but the boyfriend - He yelled at the striker: "Wayne, I respect you as a footballer but please don't pinch my girlfriend's backside." What's with that? Thats pathetic.
I doubt those were his actual words :D

slip

HSC
anyone see the aussie 23 man squad for confed cup on sbs toyota world sport tonight?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
copious said:
hmm come to think of it didnt jens lehman goto the gunners at a similiar age?
Yep as a stop-gap because we didn't have enough money to buy anyone younger and better.

Now's a good time for Arsenal to go keeper searching, with both Manyoo and Chelsea out of the market for this summer at least.

slip

HSC
no bresiano or grella, they have been allowed to play for parma in the relegation play off (june 14 and 18) instead of confed cup (jun 16 onwards)

with bresiano possibly off to inter and the fact grella could find another good top flight club i think it was a bad move.

it leaves australia thin in the mids already missing kewell, plus these could be our last really top quality matches before the 5th place sth american play off.

the thought of cahill, bresiano, grella, chipperfield midfield is awesome, a pity we wont see it till sth america.

australia would be awesome with that midfield, kewell and viduka up front. and the defence is much better then it is given credit for.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Socceroos are gonna be under-done come the playoff, i can see it. you got the sth american teams playing regularly in the qualifiers against teams like brazil, and then you got us playing solomon islands. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)