• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. that Chinese guy, Dong Fangzou is set to make his debut for United in their tour of the Far East. I hope he makes a good impression :D

Hleb in Blues blast

Always nice to hear people choose prestige over money. Take that Chelskis!

What the hell.. how come my html tags aren't working??

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
benny:

HTML:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=293074&lid=2&cpid=8&title=Hleb+in+Blues+blast&channel=football_home]Hleb in Blues blast

^___^
HSC
hmm

Robinho finally gets his wish and joins Real, although they gave up 20million pounds for the move :| :|

hmm, interesting to see how Luxy manages to keep Owen, Ronaldo, Raul, and Robinho happy.
Last season he tried to play all three at once and for a period of time it worked...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
it could work if Raul plays in the hole. Or better yet cash in on Owen before his value drops and use portillo finally.

slip

HSC
i dont rate raul these days. his form last season didnt impress me. problem with owen, robinho and ronaldo is the are all fairly similar players imo.

best thing would be to cash in on raul, and maybe figo, then let owen robinho and ronaldo fight it out for 2 spots, and have the third come off the bench, and along with portillo cover for injuries.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Hmm.. that Chinese guy, Dong Fangzou is set to make his debut for United in their tour of the Far East. I hope he makes a good impression :D
Apparently Celtic iz also tryin to sign two Chinese internationalz, Du Wei and Xu Yunlong.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I thought Fanzhou was on loan in Belgium for a couple of years (till the end of this season at least) but if not it'll be good to see him play.

Raul had a pathetic year but it would be hard for Real to get rid of him seeing as he runs the team. He's probably allowed to sack the manager.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Apparently Celtic iz also tryin to sign two Chinese internationalz, Du Wei and Xu Yunlong.
The Hoops r after Nakamura as well...or has he already signed on?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Dwight Yorke scored on debut to help Sydney FC to a 3-1 win over the New Zealand Knights in their Pre-Season Cup opener...albeit from the penalty spot but still good to see.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Man U youngsterz Giuseppe Rossi and Dong Fangzhou also scored in their friendly in Hong Kong. And Alan Smith played in the midfield, maybe Fergiez lookin to take some of the pressure off Scholes...?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
And Alan Smith played in the midfield, maybe Fergiez lookin to take some of the pressure off Scholes...?
maybe...but I read that Smith is being groomed as Roy Keanes replacement in the centre of midfield due to his similar aggressive hard tackling style.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Fergie said Smith has the potential to bring the same kind of presence that Roy Keane has had in the midfield, so I think he might be looking to the future.

^___^
HSC
nah

but he played in some u19 world cup

and the coach, blamed adu for usa's lost

he said something

"well freddy wasn't playing well, and it was like he wasn't even on the pitch. so thats why we lost"
man, thats the worst thing a coach can say about a player in public, esp a kid

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
he's 16... theres always too much pressure on the kid... i mean hes been billed as the next pele since he was 13, he will always fall below expectations.

speaking of pele how fucking good was he... pity there isnt as many film of him playing as his contemporaries...

also baptista maybe going to arsenal afterall

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's quite ridiculous how much fuss has been made over Freddy Adu. I'm not denying that he's talented, but I don't think there's any doubt that his reputation has been rather heavily inflated by playing in a country with a league whose quality is inversely related to its overwhelming publicity power. If he had played his way through the reserves in one of the European leagues.. perhaps the Dutch, he would have had far less distractions to keep him from reaching his full potential.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
True, aint his fault as far as I know. But he'll be going abroad sooner or later. Hopefully he doesnt turn out like Landan Donovan and go back to MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)