Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I can't wait for tomorrow morning's game between Man Utd and Arsenal.

Despite Chelsea's brilliant form this season, It is still the most eagerly awaited clash in the EPL....and made even more interesting due to the feud between Wenger and Fergie and the seething hatred that both sets of players and fans have towards each other. Both sides will also be battling for 2nd place and the subsequent automatic qualification into next season's Champions League.

My biased opinion: Man Utd to leapfrog Arsenal into 2nd place.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
What time's the match one? I can't see it in the Foxtel TV guide.

It'd be cunty if they didnt show this one.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Man Utd 4- 2 Arsenal. Such a high quality game that lacked neither passion or goals. Victory was made all the sweeter by the fact that my brother supports Arsenal and we now claim 2nd place.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
chelsea is the real winner after that match (if they win their match)
I hope Blackburn wipes the ever-present smirk off Mourinho's face tomorrow morning

Last edited:

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Hectic, ur avatar is offensive, simply cause ive been a geordie fan since 1997.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha ... that goal was all class, bergkamp's still got it

matt#1

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
haha ... that goal was all class, bergkamp's still got it
I agree...Bergkamp played well all night and his goal was terrific. As a United supporter I enjoyed John O'sheas goal even more though.

slip

HSC
as a chelsea supporter i just glad arsenal didnt win, now chelsea will be an extra point clear when they beat blackburn. a draw would have been better, but oh wells.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
as a chelsea supporter i just glad arsenal didnt win, now chelsea will be an extra point clear when they beat blackburn. a draw would have been better, but oh wells.
I honestly don't think that any result is going to stop Chelsea from taking the title this year...they are just too good at the moment.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I hope that evidence is found to suggest that Chelsea "tapped up" Ashley Cole because the FA would be likely to retaliate by stripping them of premiership points. That would be awesome for Man Utd and Arsenal...or even anyone else who hopes to see a tight contest for the premiership this season.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
One day Newcastle United will buy Korean players and will win the Premiership.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
seedorf said:
One day Newcastle United will buy Korean players and will win the Premiership.
it could happen... if Byron Moreno ref's all their games :)

slip

HSC
matt#1 said:
I hope that evidence is found to suggest that Chelsea "tapped up" Ashley Cole because the FA would be likely to retaliate by stripping them of premiership points. That would be awesome for Man Utd and Arsenal...or even anyone else who hopes to see a tight contest for the premiership this season.
The FA will only take action if arsenal make an offical compliant which they have done yet, so i i think it is unlikely anythign will happen. But even if chelsea were proven to have spoken to cole the FA would not take points off them, i cant remember the FA ever actually doingit, and i only remember them threatening it for clubs that went belly up. The most chelsea would get is a fine.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
The most chelsea would get is a fine.
But surely the FA would realise that a fine would'nt teach Chelsea anything because they have billions of dollars at their disposal. The purpose of punishment should be to try and prevent a re-occurence of that same event....i believe that a points deduction would be the only way to get through to Chelsea.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
surely Abramovichs ties with the Russian mafia will help the FA in their decision

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
funny how there were so much hype over gerrard and viera being the best holding mid in the EPL, and roy keane dominated them both in the past fortnight, the old legs and the plastic hip has still got it.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
funny how there were so much hype over gerrard and viera being the best holding mid in the EPL, and roy keane dominated them both in the past fortnight, the old legs and the plastic hip has still got it.
PPFFFTTT... Nicky Butt is obviously the best in that position DUH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)