Status
Not open for further replies.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
the thought of that money just makes my mouth water now....lol

slip

HSC
correct me if im wrong but i believe 100 million is called a billion in australia and 1000 million is a billion in america, or maybe its the other way around.

anyway thats alot of money, and wigan should definately make it, with that the will stick around in the premiership if it is spent wisely too.

and as for man utd going bankrupt... by no means are they... they used to about 30 million pounds every 6months, its now only 10 million... so they are still making money, that is getting richer... just not at the same rate they used to.

most teams owuld be happy with a 10million pound profit for 6 months

HSC
Socceroos starting XI v. Iraq

Mark Schwarzer (gk); Lucas Neill, Tony Popovic, Craig Moore (c), Stan Lazaridis; Marco Bresciano, Josip Skoko, Tim Cahill; Scott Chipperfield, Brett Emerton, John Aloisi.

Substitutes: Zeljko Kalac, Jade North, Tony Vidmar, Paul Agostino, Ante Milicic, Jon McKain, David Zdrilic, Mile Sterjovski, Jason Culina, Ljubo Milicevic, Ahmad Elrich, Luke Wilkshire.

I never knew that 11 Asian nations are ranked higher than us. I knew that Iraq was and a couple other strange ones - but 11 nations? :confused: I'm happy with line-up but I don't know about Popovic in defence as he hasn't play regularly for Palace. Nice to see Aloisi in the side because he is so underated ... btw, apparently alot of clubs are interested in signing Bresciano (who cost Parma $A23 million) - INCLUDING INTER! :uhhuh:

^___^
HSC
yeah

australia's lack of international games cost them top spots in the FIFA's ranking

but it also shows FIFA's ranking doesn't work all the time

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Iran beat Japan

and

saudi arabia beat S.Korea

slip

HSC
many clubs to be promoted become competitive or mid-table clubs

examples manchester city, portsmouth, charlton, blackburn, reggina

so take a promoted club and add 40million pounds worth of new players and you have a side that in england could easily finish 4th... given that fourth is closer to relegation then a premiership title these days.

i never rate max veiri. there was talk of him signing for qld lions for awhile. but that was as a marque player and lions are against a marque player, so if he signed his wages would be on par with the other players... that is some where around $100000 a year

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
your definitely right about fourth place. liverpool was closer to last place than they were to arsenal last season. but how do you interpret '40 mil pounds worth of new players'? what can you get for 40 mil because the transfer market is so erratic?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
for 40 mil (based on recent transfers):

Wayne Bridge (£7m),
Peter Cech (£7m),
Mateja Kezman (£5m),
Joe Cole (£6.6m),
Eric Djemba-Djemba (£1.3m),
Fernando Morientes (£6.3m),
Thomas Gravesen(£2.5m),
Dennis Rommedahl (£2m),
Jesper Gronkjaer (£2.2m),
-----------------------------------
Total: £39.9m

hows that for a team nucleus

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well gronkjaer cant cross so hes not worth much at all, kezman has been a waste because hes just plain crap in england although he was great for psv. gravesen i consider a bargain because hes worth much more than that. also remember, heskey was sold for 6 mil to birmingham and morientes used to be not far behind raul so figure that one out. a smart manager would raid all those near-bankrupt serie-a clubs.

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
for 40 mil (based on recent transfers):

Wayne Bridge (£7m),
Peter Cech (£7m),
Mateja Kezman (£5m),
Joe Cole (£6.6m),
Eric Djemba-Djemba (£1.3m),
Fernando Morientes (£6.3m),
Thomas Gravesen(£2.5m),
Dennis Rommedahl (£2m),
Jesper Gronkjaer (£2.2m),
-----------------------------------
Total: £39.9m

hows that for a team nucleus
Thats only nine players, what kind of team has only nine players?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
u dont need to buy 11 new players with the 40mil, after its not as if it's a brand new team with no players... there must have been some decent players that got them promoted in the 1st place as well as some free transfers plus bargains like marcus bent for everton, afterall if you can get 9 players like that to wigan athletic it'll do pretty good

Crazy Horse

HSC
just got back from the game! Australia 2 - Iraq 1...
Bittersweet victory although it was good match to watch - the crowd was good. Over 30,000 people so thats pretty cool. Iraqi's went crazy outside the stadium singing and dancing even though Australia won. Heaps were waving Australian and Iraqi flags together that was really great to see. I'm happy with the score and im glad i went. Cant wait for the next time Australia vs someone here in Sydney - will definitely be there!!!

Ohh and I have to hand it to the Australian supporters they were really great and showed heaps of sportsmanship. I was sitting with all the Iraqi's and the section went skits every time a shot was made and the Australians behind us were very nice. They sang some songs and where yelling at the ref's choices a few times but they hurled no abuse towards us even though some of the guys must have been pretty annoying. It was good to see opposing supporters shaking hands.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Trippendicular said:
That was the original quote on which I was going, note the word Whole
Do you consider a whole team to be 11 playerz...?
I'm pretty sure you can buy 11 playerz wit 40mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)