Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha beckham might replace the injured salgado at right back... oh dear, can their defence get any weaker...

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Pretty fly isn't he? ;)

Liverpool played great in the first half but they had no width whatsoever. Seems to be a bit of a problem for them. No away goal I reckon puts Chelsea firmly in front now.

If Liverpool signed a new keeper, two wingers and another forward they'd be very strong next year as far as their squad goes.
LOL! Yes pretty fly - I thought he looked really cute in the suit at the beginning;)
But on to more important things... LIVERPOOL! Ah yes Chelsea do have an advantage even with home crowd support behind the Reds at Anfeild. Liverpool have signed a new goalie and his good but young and needs more experience before he hits class. Dont forget Moro - his just cup-tied at the moment. Cisse needs a little time. I do however agree that we need another winger.

LMF^^ said:
Chelsea will score in the away leg, just a question of whether Liverpool can outscore em.
I agree completely that Chelski will score at Anfeild and without Alonso its going to be much tougher for Liverpool.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Xabi Alonso has spoken of his devastation after collecting a yellow card which rules him out of next week's second leg with Chelsea at Anfield.
The Spaniard had hoped the French referee would change his mind and not produce the card following an innocuous looking challenge on Eidur Gudjohnsen, but he's now resigned to missing out on the Reds' biggest night in years as they look to secure a place in the Champions League final.

Liverpool have no right of appeal over the decision and must now make plans for the second leg without their inspirational midfield star.

"You can see on the replay I didn't touch the player," said Alonso today.

"When I saw the yellow card I couldn't believe it because I knew what it meant. I feel so sad to be missing the second leg.

"I hoped after seeing the tackle again, maybe the referee could change his mind, but we've been told it's not possible to appeal.

"It's a big disappointment for me to miss the game at Anfield, because it will be a special night. Now I just hope we can get through to the final so I have another chance to play in the competition."

Gudjohnsen denied claims he had deliberately sought to trick the referee into booking Alonso as he knew the consequences which would follow.

"It's disappointing for him to get the yellow card, but it's not my decision it's the referee's decision," said Gudjohnsen.

"I would never try to get a fellow professional booked. The referee just gave the foul and got the book out. I understand his disappointment and it's a shame for him to miss the next game.

"But I'm a Chelsea player so there's nothing I can do to stop it. It's one of those things. I didn't agree with Joe Cole's booking either."

A UEFA spokesman today confirmed Liverpool cannot appeal against the decision.

"The only way a decision can be changed is if there is a case of mis-taken identity and the referee has taken down the wrong number of a player," he said.

"A referee cannot change his decision once he has booked an individual player."

My heart goes out to Alonso - I am really annoyed at Gudjohnsen - the ref is an idiot.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Liverpool have signed a new goalie and his good but young and needs more experience before he hits class. Dont forget Moro - his just cup-tied at the moment. Cisse needs a little time. I do however agree that we need another winger.

I agree completely that Chelski will score at Anfeild and without Alonso its going to be much tougher for Liverpool.
I don't think Liverpool will be winning many trophies with Scottie Carson in goals next season. Keepers that young for the most part will make a few mistakes and the points dropped would cost you. You probably need another forward in case another injury crisis occurs like it did this year and as another alternative if the team is going through a rough patch.

I forgot to add some pace at the back is a must too. Carra is doing great but you can't expect Liverpool to defend that deep all the time especially if they're chasing a game. With a more progressed defensive line you guys might struggle to keep goals out, just like it's harder to assert as much dominance in midfield when you defend so deep.

Oh and it's no given that Chelsea will get a goal at Anfield. You guys can keept them out again but it's whether you can get the goal(s) necessary to progress is the worry.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well letz hope Gerrard don't score fo Chelsea again thiz time. :D
LOL - I for some reason cannot help but laugh
But if that does happen:eek:..................:(

HeCtic said:
I don't think Liverpool will be winning many trophies with Scottie Carson in goals next season. Keepers that young for the most part will make a few mistakes and the points dropped would cost you. You probably need another forward in case another injury crisis occurs like it did this year and as another alternative if the team is going through a rough patch.

I forgot to add some pace at the back is a must too. Carra is doing great but you can't expect Liverpool to defend that deep all the time especially if they're chasing a game. With a more progressed defensive line you guys might struggle to keep goals out, just like it's harder to assert as much dominance in midfield when you defend so deep.
Like I said Carson needs time and experience but he should come good in a while. I agree with what you say about the back - Traore is constantly getting dragged narrow and we do need someone with pace up there as well. I think Patrice Evra would be great as our left-back. Mista would also be fantastic for us and I have heard that we have basically to finalise a deal for Jose Reina. So I am confident that he can do a great job and Carson can learn under his guidance!
The Evra and Mista deals are under negotiations and have not yet been made public so it's not a for sure yet. Also there is speculation on Figo joining us for a free transfer.

This is what I've heard so far but am not sure if it'll actually happen - I sure do hope so though...

^___^
HSC
liverpool needs to stop buying any more spanish influence
they need a typical english type player to play along side alonso, cos say if Gerrad is injuried(or do leave), you guys are pretty much left with hamman who is at the end of his peak, and because Alonso is not your typical english midfielder, i think you guys will struggle heaps

up front u might do ok if you leave it then, but its not a convincing forward line at times though i like the prospect Morientents + Cisse
Defence, as someone put it, needs pace and leadership when you guys are pressing

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
But if that does happen:eek:..................:(
Then you might just see him score regularly fo em next season.

Latest reportz say that Gerrard iz still the top transfer target fo Chelsea in the summer, but if that ain't successful, they'll turn to Xavi fo 16million pounds.

Crazy Horse

HSC
... said:
liverpool needs to stop buying any more spanish influence
they need a typical english type player to play along side alonso, cos say if Gerrad is injuried(or do leave), you guys are pretty much left with hamman who is at the end of his peak, and because Alonso is not your typical english midfielder, i think you guys will struggle heaps

up front u might do ok if you leave it then, but its not a convincing forward line at times though i like the prospect Morientents + Cisse
Defence, as someone put it, needs pace and leadership when you guys are pressing
Nah I know that there is a lot of Spanish influence at the club but I don’t think it’s so bad. We need to fix up our squad and if that means buying more Spanish players until some of our youngsters rise through the ranks then fine. We need a young, quick CB, a LW or LB, and if Gerrard leaves then someone to replace him but I think our biggest problem was not having someone solid behind the goals. Jose Reina will fix that problem and as I said Evra would make a great LB.
I cant see Gerrard leaving for another season at least and Hamman still has enough left in him for a while so I’m not too worried.
The only one I’m not too sure about is Figo but if his coming on a free transfer…Also he would add class to the side and solve our problem on the wing. I know he could be great use for us though - even if he is getting old.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Then you might just see him score regularly fo em next season.

Latest reportz say that Gerrard iz still the top transfer target fo Chelsea in the summer, but if that ain't successful, they'll turn to Xavi fo 16million pounds.
Chelsea: Gerrard, you're just not worth it
EXCLUSIVE by IAN McGARRY, Daily Mail

Chelsea have dramatically dropped their interest in Steven Gerrard after manager Jose Mourinho decided the Liverpool midfielder would not be value for money.
Sportsmail can reveal that Mourinho told Chelsea at a top-level meeting on Tuesday that he had "other priorities" and felt that the £30million fee which had been virtually agreed with Liverpool for Gerrard was too much.

Mourinho commissioned a statistical report on Gerrard's performances over the past three seasons, including appearances, goals, assists, pass completion and possession won.

Mourinho is finalising his spending plans and, having come within 24 hours of securing the Liverpool captain last season, the same deal has now been withdrawn.

That will surprise the domestic football world, where it was thought to be only a matter of time before Gerrard pulled on a blue shirt. A leading Premiership manager recently told reporters that it was "a done deal", while Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry admitted the club would be powerless to prevent the England midfielder walking away from Anfield.

Mascherano matches Mourinho's required profile

Mourinho, too, appeared to give substance to the move when he sought out Gerrard for a special embrace at the end of the Carling Cup Final, a match in which Gerrard's own-goal contributed to Chelsea's 3-2 victory.

Gerrard was also rumoured to have bought a house in Cobham, Surrey, near Chelsea's new training centre.

Unlike Gerrard, though, Mascherano matches Mourinho's required profile of a young, gifted and ambitious player ripe for being moulded in the coach's image. The goalscoring midfielder is considered the hottest property in Argentine football and would command a salary of only £2m a season.

Mourinho believes the bulk of spending must go on a goalscorer and refurbishing the defence. To that end, negotiations are already under way with Inter Milan aimed at signing Brazil striker Adriano for around £25m plus the permanent transfer of Juan Sebastian Veron, who is currently on loan at the Italian club. Chelsea would also be willing to make Hernan Crespo - on loan at AC Milan - part of the deal.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich flew to Italy yesterday, primarily to watch CSKA Moscow - sponsored by his company Sibneft - take on Parma in the UEFA Cup semi-final, though it is understood he has meetings in Milan today.

Mourinho has made no secret of his desire for a top class left back and will probably have to sign a centre half as William Gallas looks sure to request a move to Barcelona. Rio Ferdinand may yet move from Manchester United to Stamford Bridge to fill that gap while Arsenal's Ashley Cole is a less likely choice given the Premier League charges against Mourinho, the player and Chelsea for 'tapping up'.

'We need 11 gladiators'

Apart from Gerrard missing out on the lucrative move, Liverpool will lose out on the revenue they had earmarked to allow Rafa Benitez to re-shape the squad to mount a serious challenge for the title next season.

The news will also bring an extra edge to next Tuesday's Champions League semi-final return leg at Anfield.

Gerrard, who had a mouth abscess drained at a London hospital on Tuesday, said yesterday: "We need brave men on Tuesday. We need 11 gladiators, and the subs have got to be ready and the fans have to be ready. We know what role the fans can play and hopefully they can be that 12th man."

Noticed the rumors lift about Ballack when he was due to play Chelsea and now its Gerrrad.
Interesting to note that every paper states something different and each claim to have the "correct" story...:rolleyes:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ferdinand iz pissin me off, az if 100,000 poundz a week ain't high enough. Considerin hiz performance against Norwich a few weekz back he deservez none of that. Might az well go and fuck off to Chelsea too.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
The dip on that shot is ridiculous. Crazy fucken goal.

Also did anyone watch the Saints v Norwich match? Best game of the year for me, sucks to be a Naarwich fan though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LoL yeah, Camara near the end to break all Norwich heartz. Pretty good goal too. The relegation battle iz surely intriguing.

Arsenal might have a tough game on Mon against West Brom too.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Let's face it guys.. Liverpool is gonna struggle qualifying the CL now. The fact that our chances of qualifying by beating Chelsea then Milan are slightly better than qualifying through the league says it all, and it's all thanks to these pathetic post CL league performances. :(

^___^
HSC
haha

can Barcelona make it to the end?news just came that maxi broke his right foot, lol, out for 3months, only Eto is a recognise striker :\

C'MON BARCA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)