Social benefits of income inequality (1 Viewer)

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
What are the social benefits of income inequality (if any)? I know the economic benefits (incentives to move further away for more money, become more educated/better trained etc.)
There are many, many social costs - just can't think of benefits -help:D ...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
they shouldnt ask you this in an exam cos there are basically none. just say something like, rich wanks have people to look down on and feel good about themselves

i-color

i think one is that the rich ppl can donate money to the poor.....haha i don't know why that is an adv........

Zarathustra

Dasein
HSC
What is the symmetry principle?
I am pretty sure that economic benfit is not a subset of social benefit - as they are often contradictory. From an economic point of view, as poorer people have a greater propensity to consume, an economy as equitable as possible would be desirable. As far as religious principles are concerned, very few consider inequitable distribution of income ideal. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism etc. all praise charity and look down on ostentatiousness.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
but isnt that a eco benifit?

i dunno......
our teacher was very vauge about this and his suppose to be an exam marker and hsc advise line guy too!
he said to basically not worry about this question........it stoopid and should be erased from the syllabus

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
but isnt that a eco benifit?

i dunno......
our teacher was very vauge about this and his suppose to be an exam marker and hsc advise line guy too!
he said to basically not worry about this question........it stoopid and should be erased from the syllabus
well given that it is in the syllabus, it can quite easily be asked in an exam (and it has). in saying that tho, given that all answers would be a bit hazy, i dont think it would be too difficult to get marks for the question i.e. the markers would probably accept most things that made a bit of sense...

Zarathustra

Dasein
HSC
From a democratic viewpoint it is difficult to think ofany positives. That being said, a hierarchical society is much more efficient and as people accept their place in society there would be greater social stability. If one person does a job that is easily done while another does one which takes many years to train for e.g. a doctor, the doctor would feel unfairly treated - answer income inequality - thats all I can think of but it is a bit weak. Anyone - any ideas?

santaslayer

HSC
the monetary/non monetary incentives of income inequality?

like pride?.....like ur a doctor and u save lives......u got sel fullfillment?...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)