Social Discrimination (Whites vs Asians, Westies, Bogans) (1 Viewer)

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I've become more aware people are becoming more vocal in displaying social discriminatory behaviours towards
  • nationalities (ie White vs Asian)
  • locality (ie where you live) and
  • pedigrees (ie what school you went to)

From students to academic staff.

What ever happened to political correctness?

HSC
Uni Grad
so you're saying this stuff is actually happening at UNSW? to what extent though? :O

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
so you're saying this stuff is actually happening at UNSW? to what extent though? :O
My whole FINS class shits on the "West" throughout the entire tutorial (most of them live around UNSW and East (+north/south))
A ECON tutor upon blatantly calling out international students and the like.
and the clearly evident segregation between nationalities and "Whites" calling/denigrating out non-whites (which at UNSW=asians)

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
On that matter further why even use the term 'whites'? The correct term is Caucasian. it would be rude and inappropriate to say Yellows vs Whites and no one does, so it is a two way street. Not to mention it (this whole vs thing you suggest) doesn't actually exist.
Since the Caucasians populace refer to themselves as White in this context, i find it appropriate.

The problem is two fold without a doubt but there is a time and a place. The incessant bitching i hear.

If you think the issue doesn't exist then its you who's turning a blind eye.

horny unicorn

HSC
Since the Caucasians populace refer to themselves as White in this context, i find it appropriate.

The problem is two fold without a doubt but there is a time and a place. The incessant bitching i hear.

If you think the issue doesn't exist then its you who's turning a blind eye.
nope
there are no exceptions in political correctness stupid

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I've become more aware people are becoming more vocal in displaying social discriminatory behaviours towards
  • nationalities (ie White vs Asian)
  • locality (ie where you live) and
  • pedigrees (ie what school you went to)

From students to academic staff.

What ever happened to political correctness?
I like to exaggerate how bad living in Penrith is for lols

horny unicorn

HSC
anyway the point is

political correctness and the dumbies that tout it seem to think they're changing the world when really they're just throwing rose patterned doily's over what are probably real/proper underlying issues (about 10% of the time are there actual problems)

BrokenGlass

HSC
I definitely agree with some of those points. People from the East(ie most of UNSW) STOP SHITTING ON THE WEST AND SOUTH-WEST. They're people just like you, just because they don't earn as much as you, or live in fancy houses or whatever, doesn't put them beneath you. I'm sick of people at my school(in the east) constantly (along with teachers) bagging out the west.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Well it is human nature I guess, for most people to make fun of the people who live in 'lower class' urban areas. Even though technically, it isn't really a bad area apart from general public making it seem detrimental. Of course there are higher crime rates in those area - giving it such a bad record. But doesn't mean that anyone who lives in those suburban areas should be treated the same way as others who live there.

It is not where they are from, but what they do that defines them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i live in the west

and i bag out the west

i dont mind.

but if you're someone who judges someone based on where they live - then lol.

just don't interact with them

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
lol I've created such a bad image for so many people that live in the eastern suburbs or near unsw about the western suburbs, especially blacktown lol.
And i live in blacktown. Came home the other night to a 30 man brawl going on in the street in front of the station.. cracking stuff.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lol I've created such a bad image for so many people that live in the eastern suburbs or near unsw about the western suburbs, especially blacktown lol.
And i live in blacktown. Came home the other night to a 30 man brawl going on in the street in front of the station.. cracking stuff.
Me too I tell everyone I get mugged all the time at blacktown and everyone thinks I'm a badass

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You live in Blacktown too?

nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)