social life at maq? (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Maybe... :D

I mean, our mentors forced us to sit and play get to know you games, while everyone else had already started wondering around the campus; and we only visited the buildings. Completely hopeless.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Nah, it's for the special orientation sessions, before O-week.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, everyone who goes for it is accepted. Yeah, you can pick who you wanna partner up with (unless you both do the same degree).

ND - yeah, enrollment will give you all the info you need. It's pretty much a day before O-Week where we'll give you the lowdown on uni life.

They're trying to make First Year Orientation a lot bigger this year. Maybe get a band...we'll definately have stalls. Free snags and drinks ofcourse.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Also, any newbies to Mac in '04 may consider O-Camp! Haven't been myself, but heard it's hella fun, and you meet stacks of new people.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you did Commerce, you might get me. But then, that's not necessarily a good thing. ;):p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by GoodToGo
ND - yeah, enrollment will give you all the info you need. It's pretty much a day before O-Week where we'll give you the lowdown on uni life.
day before o-week? i was wondering when it was
Originally posted by GoodToGo
Also, any newbies to Mac in '04 may consider O-Camp! Haven't been myself, but heard it's hella fun, and you meet stacks of new people.
what's o-camp?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
So if you don't like your Arts day, come to the Commerce one. :p

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Nah, if you're in Arts you'll probably go to the Humanities/SCMP one. You have to go to your own one (hehe sorry flyin'). You DON'T wanna go twice. *zzzzzzzz* There are some boring, but important, elements to the day.

For our new first years: I hope you get a lot out of it...I feel sort of responsible cos I've been there since the start 2 years ago. And if you are keen, friendly and ask the mentors lots of questions (pleeease...you don't know how much this helps!) I'm sure the day will be fun. And everybody's new and a bit nervous, so relax, and go up and chat to that hottie during the break!

For the mentors...hands off the youngins! Hahah.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The most important question is to enquire about nearest toilets. :D It's good for lazy people..

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Ofcourse! There IS a reason we call it the toilet tour.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
My mentors never took us on that tour. In fact our mentors took us on a walk past (and not in) food court tour only. So rorted... *Shakes head*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so for o-week, do we go for all week? or just on the day our faculty has it's orientation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)