• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Social Science/Law question (1 Viewer)

ecstasylove

HSC
Got an offer for this course and have a few questions if anybody can help me!

For the Social Science part of the degree, I am majoring in Politics. The handbook says that I need to do at least 12 units from POL300-399 which I will worry about later, as well as 2 SOC subjects which I can't do this semester since they're not offered. However, since I can't do POL300-399 because they have prerequisites, what subjects am I supposed to put down for this year??? Am I still supposed to choose out of the SOC subjects or am I allowed to do basically anything? What are the limitations to what I'm allowed to choose?

Also, because I've transferred from International Studies at UNSW and I have to request academic transcripts (which can take a week), if I don't have my transcript by the 13th am I still allowed to enrol in classes that have a prerequisite of a certain number of cps?

I am so confused!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you look at the pre-requisites they'll be 200, then 100 level subjects, you work it out using that :)

So for example POL 3xx has a prereq of a POL 2xx subject which has a prereq of a POL1xx subject.

I'm too tired to answer the rest so I'll leave that to someone else sorry haha :)

ecstasylove

HSC
But none of the POLS3xx I want to do have any prerequisites apart from 40cps?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In that case, you should be fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)