• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Societies and clubs at macquarie (1 Viewer)

reality

HSC
I don't know whether or not I was hoping for too much from university, but it appears that a giant proportion of societies and groups at macquarie are heavily focused on either racial minorities or are based on religion. (according to the macquarie uni list, anyway).

Am I missing something? my interests differ from discussing poverty and the global economy.

OneEyedCactus

HSC
I've been thinking that too. The only group I'd really be interested in is soccer and I can't find the stand anywhere.

sean1990

HSC
Yeah most of the clubs are race or religion based, with a few exceptions for some departments e.g. finance ,hr and computing (thats just what i've seen).

A bit of a let down to be honest... I'm not very religious in any sense and I am from a new zealand / english background so I don't really fit into a korean or greek society.

There is a soccer one ^^^^ it is next on the right of the macquarie tent. Near where they are doing those surveys for a free coffee.

I haven't joined any clubs, i found some info out from the MULS stand and got some free comdoms, pens and coke zero but thats about it.

Not all bad i spose.

OneEyedCactus

HSC
I looked into soccer, but it's a bit far for me to travel from Narellan (around Camden) to play competitively with a fixed schedule. Oh well it'll be there for when I eventually go into accomadation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)