Society & Culture Personal Interest Project (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxpunkcessxX

HSC
Hey I'm Studying and researching if the increase of new social networking communication site and technologies has a affect on the increase and/or decrease in cyberbullying amongst Teenagers

If You guys could answer this Survey it would be very appreciated.

Q1) Please Indicate which gender you are?
Male
Female

Q2) Are you a:
Parent
Student

Q3) What age group do you fall under?
* 13 years or under
* 14-16 years
* 17-18 years
19-22 years
23-25 years
26-34 years
35-40 years
Other ____________

Q4) Why do you use these social networking sites?
Keep in contact with old friends
Keep in contact with new friends
Meet new people
Other _________________________________________

Q5) Are you a regular user of any social networking sites?
* Yes
* No

Q6) If Yes to question 4 please provide the sites which you use. If No to question 4 please go onto question 6.
* Facebook
* Myspace
* Bebo
Other (Please Provide Name of Site/s) ________________________________________________

Q7) How would you rate the security and safety of users on social networking sites?
* Disgraceful
* Very Poor
* Poor
Adequate
* Good
* Very Good
* Excellent

Q8) What are your thoughts on the introduction of new social networking sites?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q9) On theses social networking sites do you allow your profile and information to be:
Public
Private
Shown to nominated people
Other __________________________________

Q10) Would you prefer meeting up with friends then talking to them on the social network sites?
Yes
No

little-writer

HSC
Male
Female

Q2) Are you a:
Parent
Student

* 13 years or under
* 14-16 years
* 17-18 years
19-22 years
23-25 years
26-34 years
35-40 years
Other ____________

Meet new people

* Yes
* No

Q6) If Yes to question 4 please provide the sites which you use. If No to question 4 please go onto question 6.
* Facebook
* Myspace
* Bebo
Other (Please Provide Name of Site/s)
Twitter

Q7) How would you rate the security and safety of users on social networking sites?
* Disgraceful
* Very Poor
* Poor
Adequate
* Good
* Very Good
* Excellent

They are a quick and easy way to communicate, and they can be positive developments; however, there are many downsides to these social networking sites, including that they are time-consuming and can detract from quality time spent with friends and family, and many people are not aware of the safety and security risks that are associated with these sites.

Q9) On theses social networking sites do you allow your profile and information to be:
Public
Private

Q10) Would you prefer meeting up with friends then talking to them on the social network sites?
Yes
No</SPAN>

random bus

HSC
Male
Female

Q2) Are you a:
Parent
Student

* 13 years or under
* 14-16 years
* 17-18 years
19-22 years
23-25 years
26-34 years
35-40 years
Other ____________

Meet new people

* Yes
* No

* Facebook
* Myspace
* Bebo
Other (Please Provide Name of Site/s) ________________________________________________

* Disgraceful
* Very Poor
* Poor
Adequate
* Good
* Very Good
* Excellent

yeh it's cool

Public
Private

Yes
No</SPAN>

hope u get it done soon:)

HSC
Uni Grad
Male

Q2) Are you a:
Student

17-18 years

Yes

Facebook

Very Good (as privacy can be determined by user)

Good way to communicate with people, though I don't really understand why people use it cos msn is fast, easy communication. I guess it's more for the group communication aspect and not requiring everyone online at same time (yeh I am aware you can send offline messages in msn).

Depends entirely on the situation and reason, but most of the time, communicating over the internet gets the job done (so I guess that's a 'No').

Kat92

HSC
Male
Female

Q2) Are you a:
Parent
Student

* 13 years or under
* 14-16 years
* 17-18 years
19-22 years
23-25 years
26-34 years
35-40 years
Other ____________

Meet new people
Other

* Yes
* No

* Facebook
* Myspace
* Bebo

* Disgraceful
* Very Poor
* Poor
Adequate
* Good
* Very Good
* Excellent

Q8) What are your thoughts on the introduction of new social networking sites? Good way to communicate and keep in touch with friends and family you haven't seen in awhile or who live in different parts of the world. However, more distractions/opportunities for invasion of privacy,etc.

Public
Private
Shown to nominated people-- i.e. my friends.

Q10) Would you prefer meeting up with friends then talking to them on the social network sites? Depends upon the circumstances and what we are all doing.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yes
No
I think you may need to be more specific here to get better data, do you mean friends that people have met over the internet? friends that you know from real life? Just for chit chat or to organise things?

It's just otherwise i think the answer is most always going to be ambiguous or 'depends on the the situation'. Just a thought =]

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Male
Female

Q2) Are you a:
Parent
Student

* 13 years or under
* 14-16 years
* 17-18 years
19-22 years
23-25 years
26-34 years
35-40 years
Other ____________

Meet new people

* Yes
* No

* Facebook
* Myspace
* Bebo
Livejournal

* Disgraceful
* Very Poor
* Poor
Adequate
* Good
* Very Good
* Excellent

Good communication tool, extremely helpful in keeping up with friends you may not see on a regular basis. It kind of simulates a crowded common room. I have some concerns regarding the privacy of my information on facebook but for the most part I think I'm well-protected. I prefer social networking sites to MSN because the communication does not have to be real-time - I get to walk away and have a life and then come back and contribute to the discussion when I want to rather than have someone asking for an instant reply.

Public
Private
Other I allow certain information to be public so as to allow friends to search and find me but anything other than that bare minumum is shown to nominated people only.

Yes
No
Other Not always. A lot of my online communication is for things that don't require us to be face to face. But I'd obviously rather have a party with real people than on facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)