Soft Eng / Commerce (1 Viewer)

Kd14

HSC
What do people think about this course at this uni?

A feedback from anyone, particularly people doing this course, about this course would be greatly appreciated. =D

ErgoSum

HSC
Dunno about commerce, but Im doing software eng at Usyd and its pretty good. It used to be true that the facilities were a bit outdated, but they just built a brand new school of IT building which opens next semester and they putting school of IT under Elec Eng now. So EE and CS will be merged like at UNSW. Otherwise most lecturers are pretty good especially IT lecturers(EE lecturers can be dodgy, some are crap some are amazing!).
So as a degree I can definately recommend it, ive never been to UNSW so I cant really compare it.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Is it true that the undergraduate IT building will still be at Madsen?
Ie. We wont get to use new facilities :|

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm reasonably sure there will be at least some classes in the new IT building.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
ErgoSum said:
Dunno about commerce, but Im doing software eng at Usyd and its pretty good. It used to be true that the facilities were a bit outdated, but they just built a brand new school of IT building which opens next semester and they putting school of IT under Elec Eng now. So EE and CS will be merged like at UNSW. Otherwise most lecturers are pretty good especially IT lecturers(EE lecturers can be dodgy, some are crap some are amazing!).
So as a degree I can definately recommend it, ive never been to UNSW so I cant really compare it.
Hmm Judy Kay told me that the school of IT was going to take control over software engo and that is it not EE over IT.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
withoutaface said:
I'm reasonably sure there will be at least some classes in the new IT building.
It should be interesting to see how that works seeing as you need cards to access all the rooms in the new building and those labs are where the master of IT students are going to be

mlando

HSC
how much programming have you done?

you will find that most of the people doing software related studies have been in the industry for 5 years or so. it is very, very competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)