Software Design Scaling? (1 Viewer)

suraya91

HSC
Can someone plz tell me how software design scales relative to other courses?

When we were picking our subjects back in yr10 it was often said that software was one of the toughest courses offered at the school...yet i heard that it doesnt scale that good at all?

Someone plz clear it up for me..

suraya91

HSC
yer, its not that flash.. its around the subjects: business studies, food tech., pdhpe... but its not as high as chemistry and physics.. etc.. - however, you should really take scaling into consideration.. if you get 90+ in the subject your pretty much set and scaling wont even affect you that much if you get that high.. and also note.. everything scales you down - except 4 unit maths (from the subjects offered at school- not sure about external subjects(ie:latin))
hmm thats a bit harsh...software being put in the same bracket as business studies :confused: its a bloody tough course lol ... so even if u were to get a band 5 innit ud be scaled down? jeez im screwed then lol

helper

HSC
N/A
hmm thats a bit harsh...software being put in the same bracket as business studies :confused: its a bloody tough course lol ... so even if u were to get a band 5 innit ud be scaled down? jeez im screwed then lol
Remember scaling isn't done on the difficulty of the course but on the standard of the people who do it.

Talking to a mathematician that looks at and follows the way the scaling is done, I was told:
Computer studies subjects are the one are that are at a disadvantage. They tend to be done by people who focus in on the subject to let other subjects drop off. This results in them being dragged down by their other results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)