Software? how can i improve?? (1 Viewer)

tomsav

HSC
Im in yr11 and I do software Design and Development. I have very limited knowledge of computers and computer-language. MJy teacher talks about sorting and searching techniques and writes the codes of them on the board. I ahve no clue what the words in the code do.
When we do activities with visual basic I don't know what i am doing. I dont know how to write codes or anything like that. I really want to do thias subject next year because its interesting but its just too hard.

Can anyone help????

Thanks

LatK7

HSC
Sorts and searches are only a part of the course, and really aren't to hard to grasp. What i found to help was when beginning learning them in SDD, was to write out pseudocode in as much 'english' as i could.

Example, "Count = Count + 1", i would say, "increase counter by 1". I found writing it all out like that helped me understand how they operated. Once you understand how it works, try changing the words to how they're written in the text books.

Try this for, your Linear and Binary searches, and your Bubble, Insertion, Selection sorts.

Just remember that you're in Year 11 and there is plenty of time to get your head around it, but don't blow it off.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
look on the net for tutorials on the language ur doing (im doing javascript, my teacher thinks it'll help us understand C++)
the tutorials usually help :)

tomsav

HSC
LatK7 said:
Just remember that you're in Year 11 and there is plenty of time to get your head around it, but don't blow it off.
So should I keep doing SDD for yr12 even through I do not have a good understanding of it?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
tomsav said:
So should I keep doing SDD for yr12 even through I do not have a good understanding of it?
yeah ...
u can always drop a subject if ur not doing good (...so my teaches says)
sooo keep it till halfway through yr 12 and see how u r goin :)

taiis2

HSC
N/A
Hello Tom Sav..maybe you'd be better at software design if you didnt play babo voilent all day in software design - haha guess who this is ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)