software is bad! in terms of teachers/resources (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I agree wholeheartedly. Not teachers (in my case) but definitely in resources it sucks.

ads89

HSC
Martyno1 said:
I agree wholeheartedly. Not teachers (in my case) but definitely in resources it sucks.
it's both for me, maybe we can exchange the resources we have. Would you happen to have any trial papers and solutions that aren't available here on boredofstudies?

nealos

HSC
ye
im got cssa papers
but now i really need solutions to HSC exams
cos i really cant find anything anyyyywhere
any help will be great

zcb666

HSC
I agree with both statements. Theres no resources and i don't like my teacher either =o My teacher gave us back 3 assessment tasks at once... thats f'n lazy considering we do one each term.. Seriously.. 3 terms is a long time to mark 12 test papers (theres only 4 people in my class) Lol.

Tatly

HSC
I would not even go as far to call what we had, for the duration of the course, a teacher. More as a babysitter, "If your friends can't help you, I't bound to be in the book" - Standard answer for ANYTHING asked.

Prediction: Bare pass for this exam :eek:

HSC
What kinds of resources do you need? I will gladly make them.
It's just that there is really nothing that anyone can think of.

Software is butt easy, you don't even have to know anything, just be a good programmer.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
What kinds of resources do you need? I will gladly make them.
It's just that there is really nothing that anyone can think of.

Software is butt easy, you don't even have to know anything, just be a good programmer.
I do not think that phrase means what you think it means...

SDD involves a lot of crappy theory that's unnecessary. They should teach Agile Programming as a methodology ;)

Stib

HSC
Anyone have any really quick to-the-point notes for some last minute cramming of the core syllabus (Not option topics, although if you have the notes for Evolution of Programming Languages it would be really helpful too :p)?

I agree about the whole resources thing, our textbook for software was literally useless. No need for it at all. I was definately dissapointed by the course as it was almost entirely theory, I wanted to actually do some software design and development. I guess that's not a large part of the syllabus though lol. My teacher however was actually quite good, probably the best teacher out of all the subject I took this year, we were taught everything but I need notes to trigger my memory, and I have very little notes =\

HSC
ajdlinux said:
SDD involves a lot of crappy theory that's unnecessary. They should teach Agile Programming as a methodology ;)
No way, they need to take lessons from Area 51. phpBB Area 51 :D
http://area51.phpbb.com/

Either way, it's too complex for students whom think that even the current course is too complicated =/

Stib, apart from the Excel book, I can recommend very little myself =/
I also have a big 128page+papers book of notes on everything, all the work we did over the year. Do you have a notebook?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)